HCH Catchup Maintenance Lists

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 08:49 AM
The New Guy
Default HCH Catchup Maintenance Lists

I bought a used 2004 HCH MT last week and just love it. I am about to take it in for its first real service at my local dealer and was wondering if people maintained a "changelog" for our cars?

I am really hoping for an explicit list of all the TSB, recall, "silent" recall, optional upgrade/change, software upgrades, etc. that the previous owner may not have already received.

As more of these used cars reenter the marketplace place I bet that this list will be very useful to the second owners.

Does any site maintain such a list or can someone go over their records to see what services were performed outside of the recommended maintenance schedules? I fear that if I ask the dealer to "bring me current" the answer will be "You're all set" without even looking.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Hybrid-Hugger
Default Re: HCH Catchup Maintenance Lists

check this out
http://www.alldata.com/tsb/

Old 08-26-2006, 06:40 AM
The New Guy

Thanks Jason! I'll check out the alldata site to see what I can find for my year. The 06 HCH seems to have a lot of TSBs out there already.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

According to that site, it appears that there are only 2 TSBs that apply to my HCHII. One is the MIL light and the other is a potential immobilizer lockout if the battery dies and then gets power and then loses power again very quickly. I'm not that worried about either, given the conditions that are required for the problem to appear. There's one other HCH II TSB that doesn't apply to my car, since it's late in the production run.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Enthusiast

This is the Government's official site and the best place to find all the info you need concerning Consumer Complaints, Defect Investigations, Recalls, Technical Service Bulletins and Foreign Campaigns.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/home.cfm

Old 08-28-2006, 08:05 AM
The New Guy

Thanks everyone.

While I appreciate the links to the sites listed, I am kind of surprised that this was all that came up. This group seems pretty obsessive about tracking every slice of data that can affect their FE, but seemingly has no idea what, if anything, happens to their car when it goes to the shop? I was sure that someone would chime in the the current software revs for the ECM/ECU/IMA in particular, but even mechanical checks/updates would have been useful. :::shrug:::