HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

CAI/SRI kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Wo ai Zheng!
Default CAI/SRI kits

Curious as to whether or not anybody's added either a cold air or short ram intake to their HCH2 yet. I made the switch to a K&N air filter a couple weeks ago (jury's still out on whether it helps mileage, but it does feel more peppy). Fujita's got an SRI ready (http://www.f5air.com/images/complete_parts/sr1923.jpg pic, http://www.f5air.com/images/dyno/sr1923.GIF dyno), but it's a mite pricey.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: CAI/SRI kits

There is some one on this board who’s done both CAI and cat back upgrade and indicates better gas mileage.

IMO you may notice a better initial response, but if your not cautious in the gas you will actually end up using more gas then saving. Its all relative in your driving habits.

Oh that dyno is for a 07 Fit not a 06 Hybrid... I'd be interested in one for the Hybrid. Maybe you can jump in on a group dyno with some local SI folks and we can see actual affects?

Last edited by WRXSTi; 10-01-2006 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

You sure about that on the dyno? At according to Fujita's applications page (http://www.f5air.com/applications.html), that's the right one. I'm really looking for the pick-up improvement in just one area... if you go to google maps, on the north end of Columbus, there's an interchange between I-270, SR-315, and US-23, where a couple of the ramps are hideously short. *THAT* is where I need a boost.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

I hate the US-23 exit...it stinks. Never had an acceleration problem there, though.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

Try doing 315S > 270E around 630p on a Tuesday. They're all coming downhill, you're climbing uphill.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Enthusiast

It says '07 fit' on the bottom of the dyno.

http://www.f5air.com/images/dyno/sr1923.GIF

Old 10-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

Hrmm... indeed. And it also matches ca1924.gif. Sending them an email, we'll see what comes back.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
Try doing 315S > 270E around 630p on a Tuesday. They're all coming downhill, you're climbing uphill.
I do it every day...I'm driving pretty much non-stop around Cbus as part of my job...close to 200 miles in and around the city every day. It's why I got the hybrid.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Just got a nice letter back from one of the folks at Fujita, saying "Hey, thanks for the catch!" He also added, "If you are wondering on the dyno of the hybrid why there is the slight drop from 2500-3500, it had to do with the electric portion running and then kicking in higher after that." At any rate, though I'm not very experienced with these things, it looks to me like the only place where there's a measurable improvement is between 3300rpm and 4500rpm, then again above 5300, which really doesn't help us. Most of us try to accelerate below 2500rpm (and some at 1500rpm!), and if we need to floor it and get that 5000+, we've done something wrong.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
You sure about that on the dyno? At according to Fujita's applications page (http://www.f5air.com/applications.html), that's the right one. I'm really looking for the pick-up improvement in just one area... if you go to google maps, on the north end of Columbus, there's an interchange between I-270, SR-315, and US-23, where a couple of the ramps are hideously short. *THAT* is where I need a boost.

Dude, the exits in columbus, specially on the north outerbelt look like they were designed by someone smokin crack. I got an idea, lets make the cars slow down from 70mph to 0mph while oncoming is accelerating from 0mph to 70mph and both are vying for the same lanes, just ridiculous.

I try and take the back ways as much as possible and stay off the highways. Up north we got lots of nice country roads that go on forever and have very few stops

Jayson

Quick Reply: CAI/SRI kits

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands