Potential HCH Owner - Some Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Potential HCH Owner - Some Questions?

My local dealers seem to have quite a few of the HCH's in stock, can anyone else comment on this in their area? As far as I know the Prius is much harder to come by...
Anyone think Honda will extend their special financing to next month as well?

Old 04-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Enthusiast

When I was looking at hybrids first I tried looking at the Prius. Well the dealer said they would get one in that I could drive in a little more than a week or so. Went to the Honda dealership and they had 3 HCH sitting there.

Honda was just way friendlier to deal with than Toyota but that was probably just a dealership thing.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:04 AM
hyperactive enthusiast

I'm in NY and I bought my HCH at-pzev in late Jan. mine DID NOT come with a 15yr/150,000 warranty. standard factory warranty here at dealer is 3yr/36,000 - 8yr/80,000 on battery pack. I bought an extended warranty for 7yr/70,000 because I wanted additional insurance on hybrid system & computers.
local toyota dealer at the time had 9 month wait for Prius. Honda dealer had 2 HCH on the lot and 2 more coming in in 2 weeks. ( I wanted a blue one, so I waited 2 weeks) I paid 20,500 for a CVT + tax & license & ext.warranty etc.

I love it! now that the weather is finally warming up, my average is into the low 50s.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChesapeakeTechie
My local dealers seem to have quite a few of the HCH's in stock, can anyone else comment on this in their area? As far as I know the Prius is much harder to come by...
Anyone think Honda will extend their special financing to next month as well?

The Honda dealers in my area all have at least 4 new Civic hybrids on their lot whenever I've stopped by. As far as special financing goes, I don't think they'll extend this deal, but I'm pretty sure that they will have a different deal that will go for about a month, and then something new after that.

Old 04-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Wannabe Hypermiler

KLCarch- Are you sure your car isn't covered by the 15/150,000 warranty? Check the warranty booklet that came with your car. Based on your car's designation, AT-PZEV, I'm pretty sure you have the same warranty as me. This is a Honda warranty that doesn't come from the dealership or a third party.

With that said, the 15/150,000 warranty is not a bumper to bumper warranty. It covers major emissions related parts, the most important being the IMA components.

Here's a link to the original warranty page on the Honda Owner's Link website:

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/Documen...t/apl27540.pdf

Last edited by Eskrimast1; 09-12-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KLCarch
mine DID NOT come with a 15yr/150,000 warranty. standard factory warranty here at dealer is 3yr/36,000 - 8yr/80,000 on battery pack.
I have an '04 hch cvt and the same standard warranty. i did not opt for an extended warranty - if i see any mention of actual recorded battery problems though, i will have second thoughts

Old 05-02-2005, 06:39 AM
hyperactive enthusiast

eskrimast1-
thanks for the tip- I will check my paperwork again, but I have read through all of it, and I'm pretty sure it was 3yr/36000. the dealer never said anything about anything being covered 15/150000- of course he didn't know (or care) much about the hybrid either.
I looked at your link and it does have NY under the pzev list. I'm going to be pretty pissed if I bought an extended warranty to cover the hybrid powertrain/computers and I find out they were already covered here in NY!

Old 05-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast

Hi everyone - I've decided to wait another month to purchase my HCH. I had 5 lease payments left on my old car and I didn't want to loose that much on my lease. I can live with rolling in 4 payments, or keeping the lease for another couple months (I'm almost to my mileage limit) if I can get a good enough deal on the HCH.
One of the dealers I've talked to is around $18200 incl. dest + options (flaps, door molding, wheel locks) and the other is a few hundred higher.
How does this compare to what others are seeing on the market?
If I buy soon I'll save around $120/mo in gas My monthly payment will be around $200/mo less than my current lease. I believe in the long run I'll make up the overlapping payments..?

Old 05-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Enthusiast

That number of 18200 sounds good. I was told 18100 for MT and 18900 for CVT.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Keepin it hyper yo

I'm pretty sure wheel locks are factory - there shouldn't be a line item charge for that.

I bought an extended warranty up-front, but if I don't use it AND I remain the original owner of the car when it expires (100,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first) then they REFUND me the entire amount. Essentailly, they keep the "interest". This really is insurance of a sort.

I hang onto cars forever, so this was a good option for me.

I bought mine in PA at Mike Piazza Honda. Also negotiated below MSRP (can't remember the exact price now) and got some crazy rate like 2% from Honda financing . . .

good luck when you pull the trigger.

Quick Reply: Potential HCH Owner - Some Questions?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands