Cabin Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Cabin Air Filter

The CAF in the HAH has got to be the easiest CAF to replace in any car! It is kinda a pain to do the one in the Escape.

Old 06-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Default Re: Cabin Air Filter

where is it? I'm embarassed to ask- its probably a rtfm answer.

I was just thinking about that filter the other day- you read my mind!

Old 06-19-2006, 06:34 PM

Open the glove box. On the right hand side, there's a lever which slows the descent of the glovebox door so it doesn't just flop down. Disconnect it by pushing the part connected to the door straight back. It'll pop out.

Then, put your hands on the two sides of the glovebox "box" right where it touches to top of the opening in the dash. Squeeze inwards and pull forward; the box will slide right out of the dash and pivot towards the floor (make sure you empty the contents of the glovebox or everything will dump out onto the floor. I know...).

Then look inside the opening. There is a rectangular hatch with tabs on either side. Push those tabs towards each other and the tray with the CAF in it slides right out.

Pull out old, dirty filter. Replace with new, clean filter. Be sure to align air flow arrows so that the arrow points down. Slide tray back into opening. Installation is the reverse or removal.

Old 06-19-2006, 06:42 PM

gracias amigo. But it'll cost me a few 1/10s on my trip to stop and buy one. And the Honda dealer, next to the PepBoys and AutoZone, is on top of the hill from where I turn off

Old 06-19-2006, 06:50 PM

http://www.handaaccessories.com/accmaint03.html

Micron Air brand Pollen Filters
Retail $35.92
our Price $15.95

I ordered five. Plus a bunch of other stuff. The box of parts just came today. I was home for lunch. I decided to leave the garage door open, as it was only about 100 degrees outside, and about 110 in the garage. I decided to take a quick shower before going back to work. When I got out of the shower, I thought I'd check the tracking number at UPS to see about where my package was. To my surprise, it said delivered! Reading the notes, it said, "left in garage." I walked out to the garage and sure enough, it was there! Talk about real-time tracking!

Old 06-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just purchased some filters from the same web site a couple of weeks ago. Great prices and fast shipping! They're part of Carmichael Honda from which I also have gotten some great deals on cars several years ago. All in all a very good Honda dealer.

Rich