Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Austin, TX Hybrid Users Group?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 07:46 PM
06 HCH Opal Blue Pearl
Default Austin, TX Hybrid Users Group?

Was wondering if there was a users group in the Austin, Texas area. New to Hybrids, with a 06 HCH. Think it would be great to meet other owners of Civics and Prius as well as other Hybrid's.

Regards,

Bob, Georgetown, TX

Old 02-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks
Default Re: Austin, TX Hybrid Users Group?

Not aware of any groups or gatherings but lets start one, if you start it they will come.

Clif

Old 02-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'm in! Where do I go?

Old 02-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Woohoo thats 3!!!! We almost have a gaggle, so close but yet soooo far.
Clif

Old 02-23-2006, 06:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm in Houston, but I'd gladly make the trip for a meet.

Jeff - Austinite in Exile

Old 02-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Disappointed that more haven't chimed in, heck even the guy who started the thread hasn't chimed in with a WooHoo. Usually lots post and none show, hope we are not on that trend with only 3-4 people posting.

Clif

Old 02-23-2006, 08:03 PM
06 HCH Opal Blue Pearl

Originally Posted by Duc
Disappointed that more haven't chimed in, heck even the guy who started the thread hasn't chimed in with a WooHoo. Usually lots post and none show, hope we are not on that trend with only 3-4 people posting.

Clif
OK, so I don't read this every day...Thanks for those who posted. Now the question is when and where to meet. Probably a Saturday or a Sunday afternoon. I prefer the north Austin area...since I live in Georgetown. (course Georgetown would be even better...but wont' push my luck). I think we can find more people, just need to get the word out. Houston and Buda are a bit of a drive, with Houston being a little further. I would think there would be a group there for sure...with all the people and traffic!!

So, want to set a weekend date in lets say April...giving some time to get a few more out there to show up? What do you think?? Sooner or later?? Something like 2 pm.

Thanks for the replies,

Bob, Georgetown, TX

oh yea...WooHoo

Old 02-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by 06 HCH in Georgetown TX
I prefer the north Austin area...since I live in Georgetown. (course Georgetown would be even better...but wont' push my luck). Houston and Buda are a bit of a drive, with Houston being a little further.
So here is where the trouble usually starts:
cheese is willing to drive from Houston and Bob says: Houston and Buda are a bit of a drive, with Houston being a little further. (I prefer the north Austin area.)
You know Buda is 43 miles and Houston is 200 right? I am thinking this is never going to work if the N think driving to the S side of town is to far. On the other hand if you want to have BBQ and Beer at your house Bob then Georgetown sounds great to me .
I was thinking once cheese chimed in that we head E to meet up, maybe halfway or ??????? Of course this depends on how many want to meet and if the majority say lets meet in Austin not half way.
Clif
This is not meant to be an attack Bob just something to ponder.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Enthusiast

I'm in Plfugerville with two new Hybrids. I'd make a meet - even in the lovely South Austin area. We have HH and a Prius. So far we absolutely love both vehicles. Count me in where ever we meet.

Anthony

Old 02-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Cool now were talkin! Parts that upsets me is we have had 134 views on this thread and 82 on the other thread with only 5 people. Does anyone else think this is low or is it just me?

Come on folks jump in the more the.... well frankly the more!

Quick Reply: Austin, TX Hybrid Users Group?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands