Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Car Show 29 Oct **Northwest Florida**

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:30 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: Car Show 29 Oct **Northwest Florida**

Originally Posted by helterskelter683
Let us know how the turnout is, Rigger. I wish I could be there but I'm unable to get away this weekend. Have fun!
Thanks Michael, I WILL take pictures. There's a few mods I've done to the Insight and some other stuff picture worthy. Not sure what will turn out, no hybrids pre-registered. I do know I'll have both mine there. I went nuts this afternoon. HCH was supposed to be ready Wed, Thursday at the latest. I stopped by the body shop this afternoon and the guy told me it wasn't ready and I'd have to pick it up Monday . My jaw hit the floor and I walked outside to sort out my next move as I've been planning this a year. Made some phone calls in the parking lot to have my Corvette pulled out of storage but the brakes need bled and that is a bit time consuming. About 10 minutes later the guy walked outside as I was still in the parking lot, he said he made a mistake and it was ready. They just needed to clean it up a bit. I got it home tonight and pulled the pinstripes off, I always hated them.

Well, it all worked out. Hopefully some Hybrids will show. I know there will be some PT Snoozers, Minis etc there.

AL

Old 10-29-2005, 04:03 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: Car Show 29 Oct **Northwest Florida**

Well, the show is over. I did my part for Hybrid Car Awareness. If I had a dollar for every time I was asked "Do you plug it in?", "How much does it cost?" and "I've heard the batteries go bad every three years and they cost $5,000 to replace" I'd have enough money for gas for a few months.

I'd call it a HUGE success. I wish there would of been some other makes to show other hybrid systems. I did my best to describe Toyota's system. I had people waiting in line to ask questions. Pretty cool. Having the cars together helped a lot, it showed people not all hybrids look weird - something I hear quite a bit. The reader boards I made helped as well. (The Insight board is in the shared section)

Here are a few pics - I added a "Current Mileage is XXX over XXX miles" - that got a lot of WoWs and is what started the questions IMO, even though I have real bad handwriting (no, don't say serial killer ). I tried to sell how enviromentaly concious they are but not too many listened about that. I'm happy I went - no I didn't win this time .

helterskelter683 (MICHAEL), I wish you could of showed up too. I had to leave the cars for about 3 hours to assist judging some other cars and left some friends from work and my parents to answer questions. That might have ended up as The Blind Leading The Blind.

Last edited by rigger; 10-29-2005 at 04:16 PM. Reason: adding one last thing