92.2156 mpg from a Prius II on my first attempt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 92.2156 mpg from a Prius II on my first attempt?

---

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:26 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Accwai:

___I have a few “P&G” technique tips for HSD drivers but I need a few more confirmations first. Mainly, I am awaiting word from an Escape HEV and an HCH pilot(s) to update me on how it is working for them? Afterwards, I hope you find this FE technique/tool useful in your own commute? I can see a 1,000 + mile tank in your future now
Me finding P&G useful? You might not remeber it but I mentioned it to you last year before the winter. I take the train instead of drving to work these days because my client site is downtown. So I'm mostly driving short trip during weekends. Mostly sub-10 mile each way, sometimes as low as 2-3 miles, in full city traffic. How else does one get 60mpg without some kind of pulse driving? :-)

As for the 1000+ mile tank, I've always said that the car can do it no problem. The real question is whether the driver can go that long non-stop. Multiple people sharing the driving would be much more practical I think (Dan might disagree though :-) Want to get a couple of guys togther and just do it?

[...] ___With my actual calculated from the difference between two Consumption screen display’s at 59.7 mpg and 65.5 mpg, can anyone come up with a + or - 2.5% confidence as to the possible actual with the final fill figures that Carl gave me today? Because I used the difference between 2 displays, I would think the error would be less then the overall percentage (64.8 mpg actual vs. 65.6 mpg display) but I really do not have a clue?
FWIW, my difference after 10,000km is 1.27%.

Andy

Old 08-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Megageek

Where can I get more info on the P&G technique? I have an '06 Escape that I'd like to try it on. That should help validate the technique. As you can see below, my current milage could use a bit of a boost.

Scott

Old 08-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Contributor ($)

check out the last post of page one and the first post on page two of this thread.

I don't know if we have had any confirmation that Pulse and Glide works with the Ford Escape Hybrid. But report back in the Escape Forums and let us know how it went. My gut tells me it is a little more difficult in the FEH.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Enthusiast

Hi WScottCross:
___Accwai, you do not know how close we were to asking if you would like to join the “Marathon-Attempt” team a week before the event. I proposed it but we were a little late to do much more then just discuss it.
Work's been pretty crazy for the past little while so I haven't been following the marathon very closely. I understand Dan is talking about making it an annual thing now. So next year perhaps... My wife winced when I told her about the marathon. But we'll deal with that when the time comes .

In any case, congrat on the marathon. Much higher the numbers we talked about last year. Great Job!

By the way, any thought on pure glide plus deadband up hill vs. backing off on uphill to charge the battery plus using EV to minimize the number of ICE startup? I find the latter to be critical in cold weather, but it's not nearly as clear cut in summer. Perhaps I should look into getting one of those nifty scanners...

Andy