Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Extended Warranty

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Hi,

Thanks for posting this:

After three power cycles, the Prius clears the error code. When you have an error, if possible, drive directly to the dealer and keep it on until they can get a scanner out to read the code.

This can cause a lot of problems since the control electronics work off the 12 VDC, aux battery. It is a pricy part and glad it was covered.

This is interesting. The fleet report mentions steering repairs in the Prius models.

That is weird.

Given your experience, it makes sense. Small change for peace of mind.

You've gotten a significant improvement in technology with the 06. For example, the 06 has an electrically operated AC compressor so it runs as needed without the ICE. There is more power and overall, a general tweak-up.

Bob Wilson
Bob,

First time, the car showed the engine check light. Then I tried to drive to the dealer. The car drained down the battery really fast. The car couldn't get up to normal speed. The car was moving very slow and it finally stopped to the side of the road. The multi-display showed the capacity of the battery was one-quarter full. I called the dealer for help and they told us to call towing company. About a hour, a towing trunk came. We tried to start the car again and it started right up. I bought straight to the dealer. They didn't find out anything and they reset ECU. It was last May. Second time was early this month. The engine came on and I managed to drive to the dealer. This time, they found out it was ECU and fuel relay. I traded that car and it was waiting for parts. It never made back home.

Note:

It was demonstrator back in 2002. It had 170 miles. I made one mistake to buy it. I shouldn't have bought it.