Have you seen the new Subway Commercial?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast
Red face Have you seen the new Subway Commercial?

I have seen the new Subway commercial where a couple is ordering at a fast food drive thru. The husband orders "love handles, double chin and some blubber". The wife then asks if she can get "thunder thighs" instead of the blubber.

Now what upsets me is that they are driving a Prius. They seem to be telling me that they think Prius drivers are the kind of people who order "double blubber" and "donkey butts".

Am I being over sensitive? Or should Prius drivers let Subway know that we are conscious of our environment which includes what we eat as well as what we drive.

Here is a link to You-Tube if you haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxqRg2Nohso

Old 07-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Have you seen the new Subway Commercial?

Originally Posted by The_Green_Republican
Am I being over sensitive?
Yes. Prius owners aren't a group in terms of eating habits and few people will notice what kind of car it was.

I'd actually look at it a little differently. When you're making an ad, you don't want anything in frame stealing attention from your message. By using the Prius, the ad agency is saying that a hybrid is so mainstream, no one will give it a second glance.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Engineering first
Talking Re: Have you seen the new Subway Commercial?

Of course no one is stopping you from making your own video of a Prius running over a subway product ... stopping and backing over it again. For good measure, fade to showing a 'refuse' truck coming by to scrape up the left-overs and the "the next day ..." the Prius comes back and driver gets out and pounds the spot where the subway was dragged away from. <GRINS>

Bob Wilson