How do I get the "box"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default How do I get the "box"?

As a soon-to-be Prius owner, I would like to know how to obtain the GreenHybrid logo box that shows the mileage, with data above and below the box. I've looked over the User CP section, but am in the dark. Would somebody please list a procedure for getting the "box"!

Old 06-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Old Boomer Techie
Default Re: How do I get the "box"?

Here ya' go:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...gnatures-1625/

Old 06-28-2008, 02:57 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by danlb14
As a soon-to-be Prius owner, ...
Excellent! Welcome to GreenHybrid.com.

BTW, I was born in Stillwater, grew up in Oklahoma City and two years in Atoka. Mom lives in Coffeyville.

Bob Wilson

Old 06-30-2008, 06:36 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the come-back, Bob. Glad to see an Okie in the neighborhood. BTW, do you work for Martin Marietta? I had electrical engineering buddies who lived in Huntsville and worked for MM.

I'm going to fix my signature just as soon as my car comes in.

Thanks again.

Dan Lawhorn

Old 06-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Engineering first

Hey Dan,
Originally Posted by danlb14
... BTW, do you work for Martin Marietta? I had electrical engineering buddies who lived in Huntsville and worked for MM. ...
No, I worked for General Electric in Huntsville 1985-1990, then Boeing 1990-1999. Boeing sold the division to SAIC but I was in DC and my wife still in Huntsville. So I did six months in CSC (Crazy SOB Company) and got well by working for the shadow of ****, Getrontics. Eventually, I got back to SAIC (former Boeing) and had "nothin' but good times" ever since.

Take a peek at the FAQ and after the 'dealer tank', let's chat. I'm especially interested in your initial mileage. Also, I'd like to suggest that "heat is the enemy." If you can, make sure the battery area is 'in the shade' as much as possible. You might also get some of those window pieces that allow you to crack the window yet not get rain in. Heat is the enemy and I grew up in Oklahoma.

Bob Wilson

Old 06-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: How do I get the "box"?

Thanks for the "hot" tips, Bob. I'll file those away for future reference.

Like I said, as soon as I get my car (??? weeks) I'll register it here and keep you filled in on my initial mileage figures.

Sounds like you and your wife were like me and my wife. We both worked for Bechtel Corp. and from '83 to '89 we were back and forth across the country (drove a diesel Rabbit with a rack on top; looked like typical Okies, with everything but the kitchen sink packed in and on the car). Then we got on in Bechtel's Houston regional office and worked there till '98, when we moved back home to Oklahoma to start our own business (heat exchanger fabrication). It failed during the crunch, but I am still working in the industry, as a design engineer.

We live in Sand Springs (west of Tulsa) and work in Sapulpa (southwest of Tulsa). We grew up in Bixby/Tulsa area, so I guess you could say we are home. Don't want to move any more.

I'll keep you posted . . .