How long have you been on the waiting list?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: How long have you been on the waiting list?

Welcome to the CLUB!
Originally Posted by Bull Winkus
It took me two weeks to get delivery on mine. That was a couple of months ago though.

The dealer was very good. I got just exactly what I wanted at a reasonable price.

http://philwrighttoyota.com/Default.aspx

Ask for Michael Bucke if you call. He was my salesman and everything went perfectly.

I drove there from MI to get it because of the long wait here.
We're glad you made it! I had noticed that the more rural the dealer, the easier it was to find a Prius. But you made me realize that a rural dealer in a state that makes (or made) a lot of the USA cars would also be a good place to look.

Bob Wilson

ps. You might update your user profile with your hybrid status. <grins>

Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How long have you been on the waiting list?

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Welcome to the CLUB!

We're glad you made it! I had noticed that the more rural the dealer, the easier it was to find a Prius. But you made me realize that a rural dealer in a state that makes (or made) a lot of the USA cars would also be a good place to look.

Bob Wilson

ps. You might update your user profile with your hybrid status. <grins>
Thanks for the heads up! I just updated the profile.

The difference between buying a Toyota in MI and buying in AR where I bought was huge. The negotiation was less confrontational and more gentlemanly. Instead of being told I would just have to wait a couple of months on a list for whatever they could get, I was told, "Tell me what you want and I'll see what we can do." Then they searched the cars arriving at Gulf States Toyota for a match and found one. They then told me if I wanted it, they could have it at the dealership in 2 weeks. I didn't even have to put up a deposit. They ordered it on my word. When I picked it up, it was completely detailed. It looked beautiful. I haven't been able to get it that clean since, despite trying.

My suggestion: Use a dealer close by that takes delivery through Gulf States. Talk to the salesman and see if he/she's honest about being able to scan the Gulf States inventory and get exactly what you want. I understand the Prius Hybrids are still made in Japan, so the ability to search the inventory of cars arriving in the US is the key.

Good luck with your used one Bob! I love my Prius, and recommend that everyone should have one.

Herb

Last edited by Bull Winkus; 07-28-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Enthusiast

yes ... many of us - in both the real world AND in the comic one - have had quite the go of getting our hands on one of these hybrids ... cars ... things ....

as for us, our "Waiting List" experience FINALLY ended just last Monday. we originally / officially made our presence known to a number of dealerships at the end of May. so ... that's about ten weeks we waited to get a Prius.

yes ... the lists are long - and getting longer - and mark-ups are rampant!!! but, rather luckily, we pulled a "Hank Hill" and didn't have to pay a penny over MSRP!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Enthusiast

In Los Angeles, we put our order in for a silver Package 2 on June 1. Car arrived on July 18 (about 2 weeks ahead of dealer's expectation). We weren't able to pick it up since we were just leaving on a 10-day vacation. Dealer said "no problem, we have another identical Prius coming in on Aug 4 so we'll make that one yours, instead". We pick it up this weekend. Dealing with the one of the largest dealers in LA we paid exact MSRP --no more, no less --through the fleet sales department. I'm fairly certain that Toyota focuses a high percentage of their Prius inventory on Southern California and this probably made it easier to order, and receive, the exact color/package combo we wanted.

Looking forward to having a Prius alongside our 07 Civic Hybrid...

Old 08-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast

Six weeks for me - ordered on Memorial Day weekend and picked up on Independence Day weekend. I paid MSRP but the salesman told me they were getting $1-2K over MSRP. At the time they had also stopped taking orders adn were just selling the allotments when they came in (to make it easier to get the market premium, I suppose).

Old 08-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: How long have you been on the waiting list?

Welcome to the CLUB!
Originally Posted by pdhenry
Six weeks for me - ordered on Memorial Day weekend and picked up on Independence Day weekend. I paid MSRP but the salesman told me they were getting $1-2K over MSRP. At the time they had also stopped taking orders adn were just selling the allotments when they came in (to make it easier to get the market premium, I suppose).
Hopefully the FAQ can give some 'lessons learned' as you master your new vehicle. Also, our mileage database is one of the deepest and longest on the net. It has been emulated but not copied.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 08-24-2008, 10:00 AM
EPG
Enthusiast

Don't hate me (because we were replacing a car that had died quite suddenly -- while driving -- and couldn't stick with a rental forever), but we went car-shopping last Thursday and our Package 2 Prius arrived on Friday. (We'd been told it could take up to a week, but probably wouldn't be that long.) We picked it up that night. I wasn't particularly surprised at the time, because I'd had the impression there were a lot more around than there had been earlier, but with everyone congratulating us as if we'd succeeded in adopting a baby, I'm feeling luckier (and maybe better about having had to pay a little -- but not nearly as much as they were asking -- more than I'd hoped).

Trick may have been not giving a **** about color -- though it's a nice gray -- and making it clear that we'd been offered a much better deal on a Civic hybrid that we could get that day if we wanted. We preferred the Prius, having driven one for a week at one point, but needed a car fairly quickly (though we didn't, of course, mention that part).

Or maybe it's just dumb luck. Wouldn't be the first time.

Anyway, love the car so far, and if I'd been in a position to wait this time around, I'd probably consider it well worth it.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stuckma
I was at my dealership this past Friday for an oil change on my Prius and spoke with my salesman. He said the waiting list is up to 6 months long now.
Go on line Googl...and type in Prius for sale and a whole list of them will come up to choose from..You may have to go to a different state to pick it up...but you can buy it straight off the internet....

first this:Toyota Finance Specials Palmers Airport Toyota specials Mobile AL special finance rates toyota financing deals florida new To..

here is their available inventory on a model Prius I clicked on:
Southeast Inventory View Page 1
Model YearModelExterior ColorInteriorAvailableMSRP20081220 - Gas/Electric Sedan (CVT)Silver Pine MicaBisque08/25/08$22,97420081220 - Gas/Electric Sedan (CVT)Silver Pine MicaBisque08/25/08$23,39320081220 - Gas/Electric Sedan (CVT)Silver Pine MicaBisque08/25/08$23,80620081220 - Gas/Electric Sedan (CVT)Silver Pine MicaDark Gray08/28/08$23,28320081220 - Gas/Electric Sedan (CVT)Silver Pine MicaDark Gray09/08/08$23,14320081220 - Gas/Electric Sedan (CVT)Silver Pine MicaBisque09/08/08$23,45220081220 - Gas/Electric Sedan (CVT)Silver Pine MicaBisque09/09/08$23,707

Old 08-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: How long have you been on the waiting list?

Originally Posted by nsxrox
Thats sickening. I noticed both Honda and Toyota have up'd their baseline finance rates. Honda went from 2.9% in June to 4.9% in July. Toyota is offering 8.9%??? What's up with that?
What's up with that are the rising interest rates, courtesy of the ongoing credit crunch. The Fed can only control the shortest-term rates; the marketplace controls all the others.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Enthusiast

I am now heading into my third month of waiting....put the deposit down...ordered every option I wanted and some I didn't need...and I emailed Japan...and got a response...We will look into your car...So now I am going to email them again....and again.....and again...

Quick Reply: How long have you been on the waiting list?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands