I'm Finally seeing more!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 10:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

This is great! A few weeks ago, I was passed by another Prius on the highway. First one I had seen on the open road, and only the third Free Range vehicle I had EVER seen.

Yesterday, on the way out of the lot at work, I spotted one (White) in the lot, then passed one (Tideland, I think) on the way home! Two others in ONE DAY!

At this rate, by the end of the year, it just might be a normal thing to see a few on the way in, and on the way home!

Jack

Old 04-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Site Founder

I have probably seen 10 total, including the myriad we had at the Orlando Shindig. We passed a Seaside the other day, but as I was in a friend's car, I couldn't get all excited. They would have thought me mad.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

i've seen three, two in the same parking lot...

Old 04-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I saw three in the same week!
I saw a driftwood pearl BC in the parking lot of the county library on sunday. Messy, but I still loved its beauty
On tuesday morning I saw a Prius driving out of the school parking lot. I think some student's mother was driving it. It was so silent that it took me completely by suprise! and I loved its scaryness
On thursday I saw a Seaside Pearl (possibly had BC b/c of foglights but i couldnt see inside-it was dark-) at Queeny Park after an orchestra concert. I screamed and people looked at me hee hee. I loved its style

Old 04-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've noticed a sharp increase in sightings here in the N. Atlanta area as well.
For the past few months I'd be lucky to spot one once every two weeks.

Last week I saw 3, also saw one on Saturday and again on Sunday.
Sunday was a beautiful dark blue one with dealer tags.
Seems like it may have been his first drive fresh off the lot as he was looking all over the interior with his wife so curious.

I drove along side for a moment to see if he'd look over but he was too busy scanning over his dashboard. Even if he did I doubt he'd realize that I was in an HCH.
Sometimes the HCH's brand of "stealth" works too good!

This afternoon I began my daily commute and what I believe to be a gold Prius pulled out of the subdivision across from mine. Then saw a silver one on the way.

The invasion is on!
Steve

Old 04-20-2004, 05:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

Long Live the Invasion!

Was listening to an NPR bit on Hydrogen fuel cells - teh upshot was that it wasn't really "practical" at the moment for autos - I think we may all know that already.

The part I liked was when the reporter Robert Siegel) asked what one should do for the closest way to drive clean - and the person being interviewed (Matt Wald, a journalist) said "Buy a hybrid."

It's so nice to be driving one when you hear that kind of thing. The first generation owners must just be busting at the seams.

Here's a link I hope works to an Audio Feed for the segment.

Jack