I'm having a bear of a time with my Navigation System.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default I'm having a bear of a time with my Navigation System.

I'm usually pretty good with electronics, but this Prius Navigation is a real mind-boggler for me. The instruction manual is too vague for me, I guess. I was trying to program some addresses in it the other day because I'll be traveling to 10 different schools for my son's wresling meets and most of the address weren't recogized? It's not like I live in the middle of NOWHERE here...I live just South of Chicago. The schools are in the surrounding area. I found SOME of the schools in the POI, but not all of them. Some of the schools are in pretty big cities too...JOLIET?? The school wasn't listed and the Nav wouldn't accept the address either.

I even tried to enter our local Ruby Tuesday restaurant just to see if the Nav would accept it, It's on a State Road and the Navigation wouldn't accept the address? HOWEVER, I can go to POI and the restaurant is listed there. Why can't I program the address? Then, it calls for "HOUSE" numbers??? and won't recognize a school address as a "HOUSE" number?....that's my GUESS. What's up with that? Does this not accept an address if it isn't a HOUSE? That would be too bizarre for words. I've tried programming local businesses too and it doesn't work.

I was sitting in the driveway of my son's guitar teacher and tried to program THAT address and it said the address didn't exist? Excuse me? I was sitting there LOOKING at the HOUSE number on the HOUSE.

This thing has me stumped. It's one of the most confusing pieces of electronics I've ever tried to use and I do ALL the electronic stuff in our house. It's not like I can't read an instruction booklet and follow directions. This manual isn't specific enough for me, I guess? Can anyone offer some help? All I want do do is enter an address, save it and be able to pull it up when I need to drive there. Is that possible?

Also, I CAN program 10 addresses at a time, right? Then when it's time to go to that school I can just hit the programmed directions?

Last edited by vas621; 12-01-2006 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I'm having a bear of a time with my Navigation System.

It really depends on how you enter an address. For instance if you enter 1234 s. Main st., you may have to enter 1234 South Main Street.