Just back from cross country trip

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Just back from cross country trip

I recently drove to the west coast and back from the east coast and put over 10,000 miles on my 2006 Prius. I picked it up last May with 5 miles, put 1000 miles on it before the trip and now have over 11,000 miles and car is not yet 3 months old!

The car did very well and I am very happy with it. Thanks to the members of this forum and all of their helpful advice. The only thing I had to do was replace a tirein South Dakota on the way back. The tire had a piece of shrapnel in the side wall, where you apparently cannot plug it. It was picked up as part of two services I had to do while on the trip. I did not have a flat but rather a slow leak I did not notice. I was lucky the service happened before the tire got too low.

According to the computer, which I gather tends to be a tad high, I averaged in the low to mid 40's. I actually do better on the freeway than city as I am heavy footed, but use the cruise control while on the freeway. My typical (in many states lawful) speed was 75mpg.