Lockable console/glove box(es)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 06:30 AM
Enthusiast
Default Lockable console/glove box(es)

Does anyone know of an aftermarket kit to allow locking of either the center console or one or both of the glove boxes in a G2 Prius?

Old 09-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Lockable console/glove box(es)

I've haven't heard of any mods of this that nature in the last year, but doesn't there aren't any.

Old 09-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lockable console/glove box(es)

A graceful solution to the problem should come from Toyota in future versions. The push button latch releases on the dash for the glover comparments should lend themselves to a stop style lock, where the button is prevented from being pressed in when the lock is used. However that isn't there right now and I don't see any other nice solution.

I'm only vaguely familiar with any vehicles which had locking consoles. I think old Suburbans used to have that when you got the vehicle with Captains chairs, but beyond that an implementation would require some kind of tumbler in place to make it all work. I can't think of a graceful solution there either.