Michelin HydroEdge - valve stem problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Michelin HydroEdge - valve stem problems?

Seeking other people who have installed Michelin HydroEdge tires on their cars -

Have you had any problems with having to replace the valve stems? I have had to replace two of them in less than three months, on opposite sides of the car. Just wondering if this is something known or not....

Old 04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Re: Michelin HydroEdge - valve stem problems?

Originally Posted by agamotto
Seeking other people who have installed Michelin HydroEdge tires on their cars -

Have you had any problems with having to replace the valve stems? I have had to replace two of them in less than three months, on opposite sides of the car. Just wondering if this is something known or not....
Sounds more like 1) they didn't replace your original valve stems when they replaced your tires and they are dry rotted; or 2) the valve stems they used were incorrect, e.g wrong length causing them to hit things (too long) or if you have wheel covers to tight against the stem.

Type/style of tires would have no bearing on valve stem problems.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Discount tire sent me a recall notice quite a while back due to a defective batch of valve stems.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hmmm ok... that does seem to make more sense. I just recently learned that the stems aren't a part of the tire per sé, but the rims. And considering that I HAVE had the car for a little over six years now... I don't feel quite so annoyed by it!