Newbie question--air bags/seat covers also older cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Newbie question--air bags/seat covers also older cars

Hello, turning 52 this year, I sold my 'rice car' and bought an 07 Pruis. Actually, being a 60s/70s and 'gas crisis' person, I have always cared about good mileage for economy and the environment. Well, the price of gas and my no more (old person) need for speed finally turned me to the hybrid.

I woud love to buy a set of sheepskin covers for my front seats. I do believe the '07 Pruis has side curtain airbags, so the seat covers do not
have to be made to accommodate seat air bags????

Also, my friends will nto belive me when I say I had a Honda Civic 1300 FE
I believe about 1983. No a/c, but I swear that car got about 60 mpg & you could not last until a gas stop until you had to p**. One person said,
the car was very light & did not have the safety equipment. So, are we really ahead? I guess so!

So, far 57 mpg without trying too hard on a Prius with less than 800 miles. I am trying really hard to learn pulse n glide. I think you need a PhD.
Also, don't want to get into a rear-ender looking at that energy readout instead of traffic!

crystal

Old 06-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Newbie question--air bags/seat covers also older cars

Most sheepskin covers don't wrap around the sides of the seats so they would be fine for the airbags. The airbags deploy from the seat left shoulder (or right for the passenger seat), so avoid having straps there or covering that area. Strap over the top of the seat back and through the tiny space between the back and seat bottom.