Power Button Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Enthusiast
Default Power Button Light

Ok, so I searched the posts and have not found anything that answers this specific question (not to say I didn't overlook it in a deep dark corner of the web).
What I want to know is, has anyone had the light go out on their Power button? -More specifically, the green light works when the power button is hit once without pressing the brake, the orange light works when the power button is hit twice without pressing the brake, BUT the green light that should come on when you are holding the brake and press the power button is NOT working (the same light that should be on when you drive). I have looked in the manual and it states that if the light does not work then there is a problem with the car and it needs to be repaired. BUT, I have been driving without the green light for over 6 months, have gone to the dealership twice for maintenance/oil change (mentioning the light being out) and have not gotten any answers/problems/solutions.
I know, this is a very specific question but if anyone else has experienced this and have had it fixed, PLEASE let me know!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Power Button Light

So you mean the green light goes out when the car is in READY mode?

yeah that's normal. It works that way on mine.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Enthusiast

Well, that may explain why I can't find it as a problem anywhere. I know my memory is going, but I had thought that it stayed solid green while driving when we first got the car?!?! But, per my wife's opinion, I don't remember a lot of things, so I guess that answers it. Thanks!

Old 03-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

No worries, you're not alone. Some people thought that the green light stayed on and I think it must've at one point but maybe some update removed that feature??