Pump got stuck

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Site Founder

Anyone know why the pump got stuck in the tank at 2 different stations? I had to wiggle and yank it to get it loose; it seemed as if the gas tube in my car was either too narrow or unlubricated in some way. Thanks.

Old 01-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Enthusiast

same thing happened with mine once. i think it's because there is such a good seal for emissions reasons... but don't really know.

Old 01-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Site Founder

I just hope I'm able to get it out whenever it gets "stuck!" It also appears as if the tank tubing comes out a bit when I yank it... it won't come out, will it?

Old 01-13-2004, 05:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have never had it stick - entirely, but I note there is a very good ruber-type seal around the hole as well as (I think - eyes are not as good as they never were anyway) a small door or flap.

My supposition is that your particular nozzle may have locked against the seal somehow. I would suggest gentle rotation in the future - and will watch for this to happen myself.

I have experienced at least one pump pressure problem - where the pump almost will not (pump) because of the apparent back-pressure in this system. Most seem to handle it fine, but one self-serve station just refused to give me fuel - I had to really work at it.

Jack

Old 01-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Enthusiast

I have experienced at least one pump pressure problem - where the pump almost will not (pump) because of the apparent back-pressure in this system. Most seem to handle it fine, but one self-serve station just refused to give me fuel...
Same happened to me, two different stations on the same day, the second week we had the Prius. We went to another station thinking it was a problem with their pump. However, it's never happened since. Maybe because the addtional use has opened up the entry-way a bit to allow some air to escape?

Is your vehicle fairly new?

Pat

Old 01-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Site Founder

Two stations on the same day??

Old 01-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Enthusiast

Two stations on the same day??
Well, we couldn't get any gas into the tank at the first station so we went to a second station. Same thing at the second station, but we managed to fool around with it enough to get some gas into the car.

Old 01-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally posted by Patzee@Jan 13th 2004 @ 3:07 PM

Is your vehicle fairly new?

Pat
4 weeks old tomorrow - Seaside BC!

Jack

Old 01-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Enthusiast

Jack:

It may be because your vehicle is so new, as was ours. We've not had any problems like that since. I suspect you may not experience the same thing after a few fill-ups.

Pat (in SW Washington State...you're southern neighbor.)

Old 01-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally posted by Patzee@Jan 13th 2004 @ 5:33 PM

Pat (in SW Washington State...you're southern neighbor.)
??? - I am in NY - Southern Neighbor? That would be DC, wouldn't it?

And I haven't worked out how to find out where folks are from yet - is there a way?

Jack

Quick Reply: Pump got stuck

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands