Question about the ride vrs Camry

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Question about the ride vrs Camry

I know the Camry Hybrid has more get up and go, but in terms of a comfortable, smooth ride, do you think there is significant difference between the two?

Old 08-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Question about the ride vrs Camry

Before I got my 2006 Prius, my old car was a 1996 Camry. Compared to the Prius, the Camry has a better ride, and is more quiet. (And had a better audio system).

Now I have not driven the current Camry, but I think the differences still hold. After all, the Camry is bigger and heavier, and noted for its comfort.

Paula

Old 08-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Looking back to June '06, when I was getting ready to buy new car. I test drove two Toyota '07 cars: Prius and Camry (non-hybrid, since they didn't have a TCH in stock).

I found the Camry seats much more comfortable than Prius. For me, the Prius seats got uncomfortable during a 30 minute test drive. Also, I found the Camry quieter.

Handling? I can't answer this for the Prius since the test drive "co-pilot" (a.k.a. salesman) would not have appreciated me doing high-speed emergency lane changes at 70 mph. The TCH, only a few times have I had VSC alerts come on, and mostly when I went out of my way to force the car to try to do something it didn't think was safe.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Looking back to June '06, when I was getting ready to buy new car. I test drove two Toyota '07 cars: Prius and Camry (non-hybrid, since they didn't have a TCH in stock).

I found the Camry seats much more comfortable than Prius. For me, the Prius seats got uncomfortable during a 30 minute test drive. Also, I found the Camry quieter.

Handling? I can't answer this for the Prius since the test drive "co-pilot" (a.k.a. salesman) would not have appreciated me doing high-speed emergency lane changes at 70 mph. The TCH, only a few times have I had VSC alerts come on, and mostly when I went out of my way to force the car to try to do something it didn't think was safe.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:13 AM
Engineering first

We had to replace a '91 Camry with an '03 Prius and noticed the difference. The Prius is better than many but even the older Camry was more comfortable.

Bob Wilson

Old 08-07-2008, 06:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I test drove the Prius when I was car shopping. One drive was enough to persuade me to buy the Camry. The Prius (in my opinion) has one of the most uncomfortable seats I've experienced. The TCH is super comfortable.