Retreads for Prius II

Old 08-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Retreads for Prius II

Has anyone bought, or heard of, retreads for the Prius 185/65R15 Integrity Radials? Or an alternative manufacturer? I have looked for, but not found any, Goodyear retreads on the web with no luck. Any other thoughts on whether this is a good idea or not would be welcome as well.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:45 AM
Default Re: Retreads for Prius II

Since you asked for opinions...

I have never been a fan of retreads because tire carcasses have a finite lifespan. What do they cost - $30? first time tires are $60 to $100 each. There are other areas (mostly on overpriced dealer maintenance of minor items) where you might economize instead.

On the other hand, reports I have read of Prius handling after blowouts on the highway seem pretty benign. I guess you *probably* won't die.

DAS

Old 08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Why retread when you can buy new for less or same?

Old 08-29-2006, 08:53 PM

Wow, retreading passenger car tires. I'm not even sure if that is done in Washington State. It is bad enough that they allow truck trailers to ride on retreads. In the hotter part of the state, during the summer the shoulders of the roads are littered with retreads. I've run over my fair share of retreads over the years and frankly, I hate them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands