Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   Shopping for a 2010 Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/shopping-2010-hybrid-22966/)

johnjohn 10-15-2009 09:04 AM

Shopping for a 2010 Hybrid

On Monday, I was in a front-corner to front corner collision which totaled my 1997 Honda Civic HX. I've been skipping through the GH community for a while, trying not to get too deep in or risk shopping for a new car (and new debt) that I didn't need. However, I find I'm in the market for a new hybrid.

My initial focus has been on the 2010 Prius III, but availability seems to be an issue here in Southern California. At one point, I remember there was an demand unbalance that allowed buyer to get the Prius in Northern California at much more reasonable prices. Any chance that there's something going on like that right now? Vegas? Phoenix?

A couple more generic questions:

Navigation:
How does it get road updates? Is there a service I'd need to subscribe to? DVD updates?

Bluetooth:
I've had a lot of road noise at highway speeds in my 1997 Civic. Does road noise interfere with hands-free operation of phone calls?

Thanks for the info and feedback!

tharvey 10-21-2009 09:12 AM

Re: Shopping for a 2010 Hybrid

Originally Posted by johnjohn (Post 212530)
On Monday, I was in a front-corner to front corner collision which totaled my 1997 Honda Civic HX. I've been skipping through the GH community for a while, trying not to get too deep in or risk shopping for a new car (and new debt) that I didn't need. However, I find I'm in the market for a new hybrid.

My initial focus has been on the 2010 Prius III, but availability seems to be an issue here in Southern California. At one point, I remember there was an demand unbalance that allowed buyer to get the Prius in Northern California at much more reasonable prices. Any chance that there's something going on like that right now? Vegas? Phoenix?

A couple more generic questions:

Navigation:
How does it get road updates?

the 2010 get a yearly dvd update 2010 models get the 9.1 dvd

Is there a service I'd need to subscribe to? DVD updates?

Bluetooth:
I've had a lot of road noise at highway speeds in my 1997 Civic. Does road noise interfere with hands-free operation of phone calls?

Not that I can see, appears to work very well and has dual mics to accommodate driver and front passenger.

Thanks for the info and feedback!