Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   Side window deflectors/visors - Toyota or Weathertech? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/side-window-deflectors-visors-toyota-weathertech-10903/)

leepark 11-06-2006 10:47 PM

Side window deflectors/visors - Toyota or Weathertech?

Does anybody have the (genuine) Toyota or Weathertech side window deflectors/visors? Any other better brands? How does it install (adhesive or ?)? How is the quality? Is lighter or darker tint better on a Silver car w. no tint on windows? Just trying to figure out if they'll look ok on my car, and which (Toyota or Weathertech) is better. Pictures would be appreciated.

Bob259 11-07-2006 03:55 AM

Re: Side window deflectors/visors - Toyota or Weathertech?

Originally Posted by leepark
Does anybody have the (genuine) Toyota or Weathertech side window deflectors/visors? Any other better brands? How does it install (adhesive or ?)? How is the quality? Is lighter or darker tint better on a Silver car w. no tint on windows? Just trying to figure out if they'll look ok on my car, and which (Toyota or Weathertech) is better. Pictures would be appreciated.

We've used the Weathertech ones (in the channel not the stick on's) for several years now on all our vehicles and would use nothing else. The stick on ones look like real add on's where the in channel ones look like they were meant for the vehicle.

We use the light colored ones, but dark ones would be fine too.

exbauer 11-07-2006 09:34 AM

I would get the weathertech ones. I like the light smoked ones since you are able to see out of them better and would look better since you don't have tinted windows. Also, the weathertech ones are in-channel and don't stick out as much like the stick on ones.

Weathertech all the way!

leepark 11-07-2006 09:53 AM

Does anyone know whether the Toyota ones are in-channel or tape installed?

Anybody have experience with other brands?

litterfisher 08-02-2010 01:55 PM

I have used weathertech in all my cars there just is no better liners.

UWAdventurer 08-02-2010 05:09 PM

I have used Weathertech and Wade. They both fit inside the channel and work equally well. I will never use the ones that stick onto the car paint.