Tim Robbins on Howard Stern this morning talking up the Prius

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 07:08 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Tim Robbins on Howard Stern this morning talking up the Prius

He said that he's getting 55mpg though. Do you think this guy really checks his mpg? I own an HCH, but I looked at the real mileage database and saw the Prius was averaging 47mpg. In any case, I like that he got on such a big forum and is promoting Hybrids!!!

Old 05-25-2005, 08:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tim Robbins on Howard Stern this morning talking up the Prius

He could easily be getting 55 MPG because my guess is that he is mostly driving city streets at slower speeds....He probably gets "limoed" to most of his appointments and events and on the highway trips where he has to be stuck in traffic....( or maybe he's just a Big Fibber !!!)

Last edited by lars-ss; 05-25-2005 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:40 AM

Why would you doubt 55 mpg after looking at the GH db ? It rather clearly shows that a fraction of drivers have a lifetime mpg of at least 55. Certainly not everyone does, or the median, or the average.

That is rather like saying you doubt smart people exist, because the average person is not.

More to the OP's question: I (and perhaps the majority of Prius drivers) find mid to high fifties mpg the norm outside of winter. Keeping the lifetime mpg that high taking all the seasons into account is not common.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:02 AM

Hi All:

___I truly hope he is keeping track via spreadsheet or calculator at every fill … The problem for someone of his status would be in his ability to participate in an online forum like GreenHybrid without eventually being discovered. Afterwards, all hell would break loose just as it does in the real world (paparazzi, autograph hounds, nutcases, etc …). I wish he would contribute tank over tanks here like we do but let’s hope his actuals are dead on with the EPA combined. Do you think I should add him to the hypermiler list because of his pronouncement Just kidding

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net