Total failour in my lovely car

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: Total failour in my lovely car

Originally Posted by sofia
Scrub that. On closer inspection it does have a spoiler.
If you reach under the spoiler, you will find a square vortex slot. It is difficult to see but easy to feel. One of the reports from the chief engineer reports that without the spoiler, MPG goes down. Unlike 'eye candy' spoilers, the Prius spoiler is there for improved efficiency.

You may want to look at two Yahoo Prius groups for more Prius specific, technical discussions:

Prius_Technical_Stuff
Prius-Europe

Bob Wilson

Old 03-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Total failour in my lovely car

I replaced the inverter in my 2001 Prius at 92K miles and with another 50K the dealer is telling me that I need a new one. Has anyone experienced this problem? Mary

Old 03-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Engineering first
Cool Re: Total failour in my lovely car

Originally Posted by airborngirl
I replaced the inverter in my 2001 Prius at 92K miles and with another 50K the dealer is telling me that I need a new one. Has anyone experienced this problem? Mary
You may want to join the Yahoo group, Prius_Technical_Stuff, and discuss the problem with some of the technical folks there. We'd be interested in more details.

Where is this vehicle?

Bob Wilson

Old 03-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Total failour in my lovely car

the vehicle is located in sacramento, CA

Old 03-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: Total failour in my lovely car

Originally Posted by airborngirl
the vehicle is located in sacramento, CA
I don't really want to go into too much detail about your vehicle. I'm fairly new to the Prius, NHW11 and the real experts are in the Yahoo Group, "Prius_Technical_Stuff". Others have posted that there is a Prius technical note that was supposed to have been applied to the 2001 Prius that fixed a problem with the hybridi vehicle ECU. But I don't like to repost something that I don't have direct knowledge of.

Join us in "Prius_Technical_Stuff" and you'll find the sort of 'shade tree' mechanics to understand and suggest alternatives.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 03-13-2006 at 01:53 PM.