Updated driving route

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Engineering first
Wink Updated driving route

Hi folks,

Five days a week, I commute 10 miles to and from work. Over time, I've developed a route that works for me including:

• warm-up section - using manual ICE stop and "neutral" (*) on flat and up-hill slopes
  • access road cruise - to allow non-traffic interfering cruise at 30-35 MPH on the most direct route
  • highway cruise - at 51 MPH using on-ramps and exits to preserve momentum or optimize regneration
  • handling hills and overpasses - with minimum speed up the slope and accelleration on the down slope
  • EV mode section - using electric vehicle mode in the last mile to work or home
I've updated my web page with the map:

http://hiwaay.net/~bzwilson/prius/

(*) - Alabama motor vehicle code forbids being out of gear when descending a grade. I assume level and going up a hill is perfectly OK since the code specificly states down grade.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 04-21-2006 at 01:09 PM.