Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   What did you pay for your Prius? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/what-did-you-pay-your-prius-6524/)

Retired Navy LDO 03-25-2006 10:12 PM

What did you pay for your Prius?

2006 Prius, Accessory Package #3, dealer installed fender/door molding, permaplate interior/exterior, and 2 Toyota ball caps. 24,137 at Superstition Toyota in Mesa, Arizona. They had the perverbial $1000 dealer prep/add-on mark-up, but that was pretty easy to negotiate away. I;ve bought my last cars at or below invoice, but couldn't get close to invoice on the Prius. I felt pretty good getting AT MSRP. Anyone able to get one under MSRP yet that doesn't work for a Toyota dealer?

asaca 03-26-2006 03:50 AM

Re: What did you pay for your Prius?

There are people in Washington D.C area got it $1,400 below msrp, as well as in Virginia. Some one in Va. paid $1,500 below msrp, and in NY, $100 below msrp. Seems like if you are in the West Coast area you will have to paid the msrp. Here in No. Cal., msrp is pretty much standard, most dealers here do not mark up the price. I remember there is a topic in this forum about one of the member here bought one in DC area and drove it back to California. Look for topic "Long distance Prius "Break-in"" on page 3 of this forum for more detail.

JCFLETCH 03-26-2006 01:18 PM

I flew with my wife to DC and we purchased our super white #8 for $27,810. We took a week of vacation driving back(a couple of nights in Sedona, AZ) and paid the tax +lic in CA($2300). So $30,110 altogether. Best offer I had from Longo Toyota was $29,500 plus tax and lic (aprox $2600) and I was still on the waiting list(for 3 months). I decided not to wait. Anyone wants additional info-let me know.

asaca 03-26-2006 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by JCFLETCH
I flew with my wife to DC and we purchased our super white #8 for $27,810. We took a week of vacation driving back(a couple of nights in Sedona, AZ) and paid the tax +lic in CA($2300). So $30,110 altogether. Best offer I had from Longo Toyota was $29,500 plus tax and lic (aprox $2600) and I was still on the waiting list(for 3 months). I decided not to wait. Anyone wants additional info-let me know.

Thanks and congrat on your Prius's excellant price. You sure picked the right place staying overnight at Sedona, AZ, it's a wonderful place. Now I only hope I can have my vacation early and do the same.......

CamelFilters 03-26-2006 02:23 PM

06 Prius Classic Silver Metallic Base model with hood deflector and side window guards. Deal Signed March 6,06 delivered March 7, 06 at Scarborough Lexus Toyota, Scarborough, Ontario. I Paid Cash $36,500CAN OTR (on the Road) tax, freight, licensing & everything included; My salesrep managed to convince the manager to take off $1700 dollars; the car was supposed to cost over $38,000 dollars. Plus now i'm waiting for additional $1000 cash back from the ontario government.:D

Here's a pic of it at 3 weeks old
https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/image1106.html

AZMerf 03-26-2006 02:36 PM

Phoenix is a tough market for hybrids. I paid MSRP for my HCH but didn't have to wait very long. I didn't mind and I am happy I have it. And it's going to get worst as gas prices creep up as we move into the summer months.

JVought 03-27-2006 08:32 PM

We paid 1000 under MSRP. Pretty dang cool, got a new barcilona red with package 3 and interior upgrades, liquicell seat. If anyone is looking for a new Prius in Texas, send me a private message. I can point you to a couple places that will go under MSRP. AS you may be aware, many will NOT go under MSRP. They all still email me for some reason even though I told them I bought one already.

-JV

mckaya 03-28-2006 08:33 PM

Edited.

PriusGuy04 03-29-2006 08:57 AM

This always makes me wonder, people say they paid MSRP or less. I have always found they tack on the savings you think you had in the back of the deal..

I got my 04 #5 with nav/leather/jbl omitted
for 27,186 but by the time I pay it off I will have paid 31,000 something....

mckaya 03-29-2006 04:32 PM

In no small part for the reason you mention, I no longer buy cars that I can't afford to pay cash for. The only reason to finance a car is if you can't afford to do this or you have investment skills far beyond the average person. Even then, you should always get your own financing (not from the dealer) to avoid the back end games they play.