What did you pay for your Prius?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What did you pay for your Prius?

I also have a 2001 CVT Honda Insight, that is now for sale.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Enthusiast

We got MSRP of 23966 for our 2006 magnetic grey Prius with package #3.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

Nice only thing better than one Primus is two!

Old 12-19-2006, 03:59 AM
Enthusiast

I just got my 2007 package #3 for $23,349 in Chicago suburbs. That's $2265 off MSRP.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Enthusiast

Hi-just purchased my 2007 Prius with package #5 four days ago for $26,500. MSRP is $28,072. They threw in the cargo net and first aid kit for free.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

We're going to have to rename this thread,

"Brag about what you paid for your Prius"

Old 01-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Engineering first

I would call it "thanks!" Once someone has bought a Prius, sharing the price lets those in the market have an idea of what can be achieved. We have transitioned from a seller's market to a buyer's market and I for one am thankful.

We're seeing discounts that are as much as the short-supply mark-ups used to be. I'm just glad folks are sharing their success because it gives new shoppers an idea of what the 'fair market value' has become.

Bob Wilson

Old 01-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

As an end of year special, my wife's coworker talked the local dealer down to $2500 less than MSRP for a loaded (minus leather) 2007 Prius, non touring.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Newbie Greenie

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
We're seeing discounts that are as much as the short-supply mark-ups used to be. I'm just glad folks are sharing their success because it gives new shoppers an idea of what the 'fair market value' has become.

Bob Wilson

I think much of the "discounts" we are seeing now is simply the dealers taking up the slack resulting from the "loss" of the tax credit. The high demand in our area (I had to wait 3.5 months to get my 2006 Prius) I think was directly attributable to the deadline attached to the tax credit. Now that the full tax credit has been reduced in half (and it may even be less at this point - I haven't checked recently) I think demand softened a bit and the dealers are providing some "grease."

Also, you may want to check with some dealers but I know the ones near me indicated the hot seller after September has been the new FJ Cruiser. They can't keep them in stock and that may have also cut into some of the Prius' sales activity - Americans just can't pull themselves away from SUV type vehicles.

UTpiper

Old 01-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Dazed and Confused

Anybody looking at a Prius will not be looking at the FJ.

It is true the FJ is selling like hotcakes, but they are taking sales from the 4runner and the jeep, and other similar vehicles. The hybrids are taking a hit in sales due to the tax credit and the low fuel prices. People only have a memory of a couple months. Once the price starts to climb again, the hybrid sales will take off again.

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your Prius?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands