View Poll Results: Toyota Owners: Would You Repeat Buy?
Yery Likely
68.97%
Likely
18.10%
I'd Give Them a Slight Preference
7.76%
I'd Prefer Another Brand
4.31%
I'd Never Get Another One
0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Would You Buy a Toyota Again?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Banned
Default Would You Buy a Toyota Again?

Someone recently said that Toyota owners are not that loyal, but am skeptical of the comment. I am on my third Honda in a row - fourth overall. Expected Toyota owners to have similar loyality. Looking forward to driving a Prius at HybridFest, although it would take a lot to get me to switch from Honda.

My impression of the Prius is it caught on like the Macintosh did in the 1980 - a devoted following.

I just can't see a lack of loyality in a automaker that may replace GM as #1 this year.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned
Default Clarification

Just want to make it clear that I'm on the outside looking in (to Toyota). Some have sparred with Toyota vs Honda, but that's not the intent. Specifically, someone in the GM thread suggested that some people a just sold on a brand of cars, but it's not as intense with Toyota.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Would You Buy a Toyota Again?

OK, I'm not a Prius owner: I'm a TCH owner. It's the first Toyota I've bought, and it's the only new car that didn't have something wrong with it. Nothing. With all the systems a car has, all the parts, pieces, gizmos and gadgets, I NEVER would have banked on everything working. I do believe I will buy Toyota from now on.

Hope I didn't mess up your poll.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast

First Time Toyota owner myself with the 06 Prius and loving it put 9300 miles on it so far in 6 weeks. Thought it broke other day but was just out of gas. I am hard on cars and had a new 02 Mazda Protege that was flawless whole time I owned it and put 78k miles on it but local dealer her stinks omplained to mazda and they basically told me nothing they can do. Anyway yep voted definitly would buy again and I love that toyota is finally getting up there in sales jsut wish they would hurry up on making the FJ Cruiser Hybrid read somewhere they promised all their models to have a hybrid version by 2012.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Engineering first
Question Re: Would You Buy a Toyota Again?

It depends upon the requirements. The Camry, Echo and now Prius have done exactly what we wanted. But when we were shopping for a mini-van, that Toyota van with the engine behind the front seat didn't work.

At the time, I kept asking myself,"Did someone not get the memo?" and I'm the guy who first bought a VW microbus. I'm still shaking my head over that Toyota, mid-engined van. What were they thinking?

Bob Wilson

Old 07-18-2006, 04:51 AM
Happy HiHy Owner

I have owned three Toyotas, all of which were relaible, economical, and good value for the money. Yet when the time comes to buy another vehicle, I will still shop around to see what is on the market that best fills my needs and desires. I am loyal to Toyota in that I would give them a slight edge in a tie due to their quality and reliability, but I am not blindly loyal.

But then I am not loyal to any manufacturer nor any brand. The marketplace changes, technology changes, manufacturing processes change (most often as a result of cost cutting), circumstances change, and so do I.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:58 AM
Enthusiast

Short answer, yes.

I have owned at least 4 different Toyotas that I can remember, including my latest car purchase, a 2006 Toyota Sienna van. I started buying Toyotas back in (again if I remember correctly) 1983 with my first new car purchase (a Tercel). At the time, I researched cars for about a year -- a bit excessive, I know -- and settled on Toyota as a brand because of their repair record. Without exception, all of my Toyotas have been extremely reliable. My last Toyota, a 2000 Sienna van, went to 180,000 miles before we traded it in. At the time it was still going strong, zero major repairs and still getting 30+ mph on the highway (at 55 mph, about 26 mpg at 70). Of course, I am also diligent to keep my cars in good maintenance, doing such things as replacing the timing belt every 70,000 miles, frequent brake jobs, alignments, etc.

I've also had a couple of other new cars other than Toyota in the last 23 years. I won't mention names (they get enough bad publicity as it is) but I've had two different new Detroit cars and by the time 70,000 miles rolled around both were having major (expensive) repairs every year. It has conditioned me to expect worse from Detroit and better from Toyota. In truth there may not be that much difference but (as my Mom always used to say) it's a lot easier to lose trust than to gain it. Besides, I'd much rather spend my money up front for a better engineered car which I can rely on rather than pay less at purchase time and have a car that has unexpected problems, and may leave me stranded.

Not that this is an American Car Manufacturer bashing post but
they have a lot of bad years to make up for (in my opinion) and Toyota is the standard of reliability they have to beat.

So, yes, I would buy Toyota again.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Freeze
OK, I'm not a Prius owner: I'm a TCH owner. It's the first Toyota I've bought, and it's the only new car that didn't have something wrong with it. Nothing. With all the systems a car has, all the parts, pieces, gizmos and gadgets, I NEVER would have banked on everything working. I do believe I will buy Toyota from now on.

Hope I didn't mess up your poll.
You did not mess up the poll - there was just no generic Toyota place to put it.

I talked with at least three Prius owners - two at depth and all of them are very happy with them. One when so far as to say if I wanted a real hybrid to get a Toyota.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Someone recently said that Toyota owners are not that loyal, but am skeptical of the comment. I am on my third Honda in a row - fourth overall. Expected Toyota owners to have similar loyality. Looking forward to driving a Prius at HybridFest, although it would take a lot to get me to switch from Honda.

My impression of the Prius is it caught on like the Macintosh did in the 1980 - a devoted following.

I just can't see a lack of loyality in a automaker that may replace GM as #1 this year.
The Prius is my second Toyota and I love it. I had a 1984 Toyota Van, with the engine under the driver's seat, and I really like it. I traded it in for a Ford Custom Van when it had 85.000 on it and went from having no problems to the worst lemon I have ever owned, which is the last Ford I have ever owned. I would consider Honda, and Mazda ( MY wife will never give up her Miata) but I am more than impressed with Toyota and the Prius.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Don't Taunt Pepito

I would as long as it suited my needs and I liked the look of it.

When I bought my Accord in 2003, the only other car I considered was the Mazda 6. I looked at the Camry then, but I thought it looked a little stodgier than the other two. The new Camry would have made me look a little closer.

Part of the reason I chose the Prius over the HCH was the unique look. The other reason was I could get it in black.

Both Honda & Toyota will get slight preference the next time I'm car shopping. They have great reputations for reliability, which I value highly. I'd rather spend some extra bucks up front so I don't have to spend a lot later to keep it on the road.

Of course, if Jeep comes out with a hybrid version of the Liberty, you can ignore everything I just said.

Quick Reply: Would You Buy a Toyota Again?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands