Support for Android on HondaLink

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 08:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Support for Android on HondaLink

Since I started a thread, I might as well put another one in.
Does any one know when/if Honda will support Android on their Honda Link system? How would it be updated? Would I need to take it to the dealer?

To be honest, I don't know what I'm missing.
Navigation seems a bit useless having GoogleMaps. I can see it would be nice to see the map on a bigger display though.

The Aha platform is very blah. I'd rather using the podcast manager in my phone. Any thoughts?

Old 08-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Support for Android on HondaLink

Honda will not update old cars with new features. They want to sell new cars so unfortunately they will not go out of their way to make old cars more appealing.

The Android Auto stuff looks neat, but it literally ALL runs on your phone. The Honda screen just has to display it in a special format that was decided by Google and the car industry. (I've been checking out the 2016 Accord reviews and Android auto reviews)

I wonder if any aftermarket kits will be available to convert or allow Android phones to display on the honda link

Old 08-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Support for Android on HondaLink

I like the idea of everything running on the phone, and the car only provides a screen and a means of controlling the app. I'm sure to replace the phone a lot more often than the car.

But of course, the idea of Android being left out is ludicrous.