125?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default 125?

Has anyone other then me had your insight to 125mph some of my friends dont beleive it'll hit that speed

Old 09-25-2005, 03:46 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: 125?

Originally Posted by MattMC
Has anyone other then me had your insight to 125mph some of my friends dont beleive it'll hit that speed
Hi Matt; I hope you don't take this the wrong way but how old are you really?

You have to be I would think a pretty young man to attempt that in a Insight that the tires are not speed rated for anything close to that speed.

Well anyway good luck and live long.

No;

Signature

Old 09-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 125?

Yea im young you dont wana know how old lol. I know the tires arnt for that speed but they do quite well at that speed. The insight can do much much more then what alot of people think. You just have to push it and I will live long I race Dirtbikes and Bike and I know my time isnt soon....I hope not

Old 09-25-2005, 04:07 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: 125?

Originally Posted by MattMC
Yea im young you dont wana know how old lol. I know the tires arnt for that speed but they do quite well at that speed. The insight can do much much more then what alot of people think. You just have to push it and I will live long I race Dirtbikes and Bike and I know my time isnt soon....I hope not
Hey Matt; I hope so to: Take care young man and BTW I used to drag race Motorcycles so I can relate.

Terry

Old 09-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Happy Owner
Default Re: 125?

Matt,

What state (and no, not state of mind) do you live in? I just want to make sure I, and my family, are nowhere near you when you try to break your own land-speed record. I drive a hybrid to conserve fuel, not waste it on high speed tricks.

Old 09-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Banned
Default Skeptical About 125mph Insight

A number of Insight drivers (myself included) have taken it to 113mph. At that point, the speed limiter prevents higher speeds to avoid a blowout and putting me in a large crumpled Wriggley's gum wrapper.

The obvious question: did you disable the speed limiter?