Bought an Insight in Ohio...Any insight?

Old 02-18-2007, 06:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default Bought an Insight in Ohio...Any insight?

Hi all, Bought an insight last week, from an Ohio Toyota dealership. Going to fly in and drive it home to Arizona. The first or second week of March. Anything I should know, or do before the trip. The car is a 2005 cvt with 7000 miles on it. Hopefully the snow will be cleaned up before. I do not think it has snow tires on it now. I really don't need them here. It was 82 yesterday. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rick

Old 02-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Banned
Default Re: Bought an Insight in Ohio...Any insight?

Any idea on the lifetime mpg? It won't be as high as a 5-speed, but it's not unreasonable to expect 50.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The car is new basically and in March the highways should be good. Should be a fun trip!

Old 02-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Any idea on the lifetime mpg? It won't be as high as a 5-speed, but it's not unreasonable to expect 50.
The Toyota salesman does not have a clue about the car. So I don't know, however origin owner traded it in for something bigger.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Banned

I'd make sure the battery warranty is good. I think Honda is now covering them for 150,000 miles. Since it's a CVT, heavy drains should not be the concern they would on a 5-speed.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:40 PM

Rick, make sure they change the oil [0-20] and filter. Air cleaner could be changed? Take it to the Honda dealer and have the CVT drained and flushed? The Toyota dealer may have done all this before putting it on the lot. They useally give them the 100 point inspection I don't think you have much to worry about, it is a Honda

Old 02-18-2007, 01:46 PM

Oh, one other thing, make sure they get the manual from the previous owner. Hopefully the previous owner kepted good records, but I dought much if anything has been done too the car, it is new!

Old 02-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
Rick, make sure they change the oil [0-20] and filter. Air cleaner could be changed? Take it to the Honda dealer and have the CVT drained and flushed? The Toyota dealer may have done all this before putting it on the lot. They useally give them the 100 point inspection I don't think you have much to worry about, it is a Honda
I agree with the oil/air change. But is the CVT Fluid change nessasry at 7k. If so you guys are saving gas but wasting a lot of oil.... I was going to change it anyway when I got back to AZ because of the wet weather in Ohio. All records and manuals are with the car according to the salesman.
It being an 05 the 150000 mile warranty does not apply yet. That covers cars to 04'. The car still has full coverage till for another year.
Can snow chains be run on an Insight?

Old 02-18-2007, 10:03 PM

I would not use chains. If the roads are ice and snow then have the dealer put on a couple cheep snow tires on. CVT should be good, your correct on that. I really enjoy the CVT in my Civic! Very smooth.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
I would not use chains. If the roads are ice and snow then have the dealer put on a couple cheep snow tires on. CVT should be good, your correct on that. I really enjoy the CVT in my Civic! Very smooth.
Thank you for your reply. One more question. My wife will be driving it as her daily driver. Do continued short trips 2miles oneway hurt the car? Is this enought to keep the batteries up.? She is driving a Crossfire now. And call everytime a light comes on. Will the learning curve for the new systems overwhelm her.

Rick

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought an Insight in Ohio...Any insight?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands