Bra for INsight

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Bra for INsight

Anyone know of anyone selling a bra for the insight? Even though these are probably so eighties it would be nice to protect the front of my car from any additional bug and rock damage. I drive my car thousands of miles a month and the road nics the front end pretty badly.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Active Enthusiast
Old 10-06-2005, 04:39 AM
World's First Hybrid
Default Re: Bra for INsight

Originally Posted by jdbrooks
Anyone know of anyone selling a bra for the insight? Even though these are probably so eighties it would be nice to protect the front of my car from any additional bug and rock damage. I drive my car thousands of miles a month and the road nics the front end pretty badly.
Don't know what's worse, stone chips or the outline of the bra that gets imprinted on your hood along with all the micro scratches that destroy the paint after a few months of driving in the winter months... If you live in the cold white north, I wouldn't recommend a bra unless you plan on cleaning your car on a daily basis. My old accord paint got ruined by the bra. Maybe an aftermarket plastic stone deflector would be a better choice. It mounts under the hood and protects you just as good.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bra for INsight

http://www.insightcentral.net/KB/faq-accessories.html

Another option is 3M's "invisible bra" - a clear film that can be applied to the front bumper and hood to protect them from stone chips, etc. This film could also be used on other parts of the car that are subject to wear & tear, such as the bottom of the door frame.

see link provided above for further details (to include where to buy, etc.).

Old 10-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: Bra for INsight

You should be able to get the bra as a dealer-installed option. That's how I got mine ('05 HCH). It was competitively priced vs. aftermarkets, and I didn't have to drive all over the place (wasting gas at low MPG) looking for one.