Don't Be "Mad" I Switched Cars :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 08:34 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Don't Be "Mad" I Switched Cars :(

Well folks after researching for a Year and waiting to see if Honda was going to use some of the improvements that they did to the now 2006 HCH I have made my (Decision). I just ordered this week a 2006 HCH "Opal-Blue-Pearl" W/Blue to-tone interior & Nav.; X/M Satellite Radio. I did test drive a 2005 Red Insight for a week but was really hoping that Honda would use the IMA and New Battery Pack plus the upgraded CVT that they are now using in the 06 HCH. However, there is (NO) changes to the Insight for 2006 at all or if there is any changes they are not worth mentioning in the Media or Honda Web-Site. So I have went with the 06 HCH and it sounds like to me to be the right choice if you want normal comfort and the modern high tech items like "Nav. & X/M Satellite Radio". (Plus Great FE)

Heres a Pic of HCHhttp://tinypic.com/azax4n.jpg

I'll miss you folks but I'm just around the corner at the (HCH) Forum.

Take-Care-All and Best Wishes

Regards;

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-16-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:56 AM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: Don't Be "Mad" I Switched Cars :(

TRADER!

I really like that HCH II as well. Nice. What's even better is the Insight made it for another year in production.

Old 09-17-2005, 05:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Very sexy!

Old 09-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Banned

I'm an Insight owner and not offended.

I'm glad the HCH is getting a serious upgrade for 2006.

I'd LOVE for the Insight to get a corresponding upgrade or see the CRX reintroduced.

Old 09-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

Im confused! you say you switched cars and yet all you did is buy a new one. Same type, so it looks to me like you didnt jump ship your just getting one with less milage. Good luck and have fun with it. Dean ps. the pic looks great.

Old 09-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Enthusiast

I love the Picture of the new HCH 2. It looks like honda used acura's frame of the TSX for the HCH 2. If u didnt notice the car looks like Acura TSX. They just changed the skin of car to be more like a Honda, bur the headlight are so acura.

Old 09-17-2005, 07:30 PM
G.H. Contributor
Wink Re: Don't Be "Mad" I Switched Cars :(

Originally Posted by Clubford00
Im confused! you say you switched cars and yet all you did is buy a new one. Same type, so it looks to me like you didnt jump ship your just getting one with less milage. Good luck and have fun with it. Dean ps. the pic looks great.
ClubfordOO; Sorry about the confusion, maybe I should have said that I was originally going to purchase a 2006 Insight but since Honda for whatever reason decided not to do any of the upgrades to the Insight that are now going to be on the 2006 HCH I switched my "Decision" From the Insight to as you said to another Honda Hybrid the HCH.

Later;

Terry
BTW: The FE on the 05 Insight W/Manual Trans. I drove this (Summer) when it was 98 Deg. and High Humidity conditions w/A/C on Auto. set at 76 Deg.was 43.4 MPG (CVT-Trans-Would-Be-Even-Less) so I don't see that I'm giving up much FE, but gaining alot that the Insight just does not have. Real World Mileage on 06 HCH when Tested was 44 MPG in one Mag. and 47.1 MPG in another driving 80 MPH and in City and Country 2-Lane road. So I think FE is really "NO" different when both vehicles are driven in a normal real world situation with A/C running on Auto. HCH has two compressors so it can use the electric Comp. when stop and go traffic is encountered where the Insight will have to continue running the Gas engine and thats when as I just stated above that the Insight did not get just great mileage but certainly alot better than an SUV or regular car. This BTW is just my personal experience and not to be I hope to be interpreted as running down the Insight.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-17-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:19 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question Re: Don't Be "Mad" I Switched Cars :(

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
I'm an Insight owner and not offended.

I'm glad the HCH is getting a serious upgrade for 2006.

I'd LOVE for the Insight to get a corresponding upgrade or see the CRX reintroduced.
Chuck; (FYI) I just read an article about the new Honda Civic Cars in (AUTOWEEK-Issue-Sept. 19, 2005) and it mentions the following comment, "Little wonder that Honda sees enough room below Civic to fit in the (Jazz), coming early next year.

So is the Jazz a super small economy car ? I guess we will find out the first of next year.

HTH

Terry

Old 09-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Don't Be "Mad" I Switched Cars :(Honda's Jazz)

Honda's Jazz: Gas-fueled LittleBxx Car:

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomfr...ndajazz.com%2F

Ricco

Old 09-19-2005, 04:30 PM

As far as I understand it, no significant changes were made to the Insight since it was originally introduced. And it's definitely being sold far too rarely to justify modifying it, even just by using components already developed.

Quick Reply: Don't Be "Mad" I Switched Cars :(

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands