Great On-line Site to buy Insight/Honda Parts

Old 12-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Great On-line Site to buy Insight/Honda Parts

Suggestion: I’ve bought parts from this place in Rhode Island for all my past Honda’s and for my current Insight. They are typically 33% less then what you would pay from you dealership. I’ve used them many times and they are reliable, ship things quick, answer email questions within a day or two and are good about returns.

They sell pretty much every Honda part you could think of and have great diagrams so you can find whatever part you need, they are the same diagrams the dealerships part department has from Honda.

If you have an earlier Insight (like me a 2000) I suggest first finding your part in one of the later years using the diagrams (like 2005), they have better resolution and are the same thing so it’s a little easier to read the text. If you have trouble finding anything, just email them.

They’re also great for wipers, air filters etc.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

Anyway, Hope that helps for future purchases.

Ryan

Old 12-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Default Re: Great On-line Site to buy Insight/Honda Parts

I use them as well. Great resource.

Old 12-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

$2,134 for a new stator for the IMA? Sheesh!

Old 12-15-2005, 04:52 PM

1088851 001 1 DVD-ROM, NAVIGATOR NO COLOR 2062.10 1546.55

2049756 002 1 DVD UNIT, NAVIGATOR (ALPINE) (DVD-ROM NOT INCLUDED) NO COLOR 4540.12 3405.09

Costs are in bold...

Old 12-15-2005, 04:54 PM

The starter is made my Mitsubishi??

Old 12-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, its fun to see what HONDA charges for accessories (radios etc.) and other non-typical replacement parts (i.e. an engine).

If you asked your dealer what that price would be for those it would probably be 30 percent more!

For all practical OEM parts, they are cheap and with diagrams for everything it’s a great site.

Originally Posted by bar10dah
1088851 001 1 DVD-ROM, NAVIGATOR NO COLOR 2062.10 1546.55

2049756 002 1 DVD UNIT, NAVIGATOR (ALPINE) (DVD-ROM NOT INCLUDED) NO COLOR 4540.12 3405.09

Costs are in bold...

Old 12-16-2005, 01:40 AM

Actually, the retail prices are posted as well. Right in front of the prices that I posted in bold is the retail price. So, looks like they're offering a pretty good discount.

But for accessories, I've got to go with H and A. So far, they're the cheapest. But, I don't always buy from the cheapest place. I've been known to pay a little more for better service elsewhere.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Enthusiast

What's "H and A" I wouldn't assume you mean Honda and Acura, they are the most expensive. Also, not sure what you mean buy if I want "better" service, have you bought from them? I've used them many times and their service is excellent.

Anyway, from my original thread I'm just wanted to share a resource for anyone who is looking for a good, reliable place to buy Honda and Acura parts.

Thanks,

Ryan

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Actually, the retail prices are posted as well. Right in front of the prices that I posted in bold is the retail price. So, looks like they're offering a pretty good discount.

But for accessories, I've got to go with H and A. So far, they're the cheapest. But, I don't always buy from the cheapest place. I've been known to pay a little more for better service elsewhere.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by ryanh
What's "H and A" I wouldn't assume you mean Honda and Acura, they are the most expensive.
Okay, check this out...

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com I can get:
1 set of wheel locks ($38.32)
1 trunk tray ($77.42)
3 air filters ($99.09)
3 cabin air filters ($54.12)
10 oil filters ($50.70)
All for $319.65 plus a $4.95 handling charge. They won't tell me a shipping cost until after I enter my credit card information. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment.
TOTAL= $324.60 PLUS shipping

www.handaaccessories.com I can get:
1 set of wheel locks ($29.95)
1 trunk tray ($78.00)
3 air filters ($52.89)
3 cabin air filters ($47.85)
10 oil filters ($48.80)
For $257.49 and NO handling charge.

PLUS! I can add:
1 bottle of touch up paint ($3.00)
10 crush washers ($2.00)
3 wiper refill inserts ($18.84)
(I wasn't able to find these items on the first website)

All for $281.33. Ground shipping is $15.91.
TOTAL= $297.24 shipped

The only thing that's cheaper at the first website is the trunk tray, by only 58 cents.

If anyone knows of a website with better prices, please post up! I plan on putting this order in next week. So far, the only ones I've heard about are the two that are posted in this thread.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by ryanh
Also, not sure what you mean buy if I want "better" service...
What I was saying was I don't mind paying a little more for better service. For example:

Dealer A gives me a quote of $500 on a product.

Dealer B gives me a quote of $475 on the same product.

Dealer A has always been fair to me. They've got a great return policy. And they're reliable.

Dealer B is cheap, but questionable. Don't know if they'll honor a return without a "restocking fee." Shipping is spotty and not guaranteed.

Even though Dealer B is cheaper, I'd go with Dealer A. Sometimes it's worth paying more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great On-line Site to buy Insight/Honda Parts

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands