Have you ever been asked strange questions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 10:52 PM
Contributor ($)

Well yesterday, I had someone ask me, "Don't you get claustrophobic in that thing?"

I have to admit this isn't the first time I've been asked a strange question, but it is the first time someone has asked me this particular strange question.

I replied that the car is roomy enough for driving and I've never felt claustophobic. I drive solo 99% of the time, and the interior is more than adequate.

The things people think...sheesh!

Old 12-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes, I located a comparo between the Prius and Jetta TDI yesterday by Automobile Mag and one of the questions they got when driving the Prius was,

"Is it a robot?" someone asked. "That's the robot, right?'

Sometimes people are just amazingly clueless....

Here is the link:

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/0409_...aro/index1.html

Old 12-10-2004, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast

I was asked by someone at a petrol station WHILST I WAS ACTUALLY IN THE PROCESS OF FILLING THE INSIGHT UP "is that on of those electric cars?".

I looked at her, looked at the fuel nozzle in my hand, looked back at her & replied "yes", I really struggle not to laugh out loud at her stupidity.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Contributor ($)

I don't think it si necessarily stupidity. It's the age old problem that "You don't know, what you don't know".
I'm glad when someone asks a question since it gives the opportunity to dispel hybrid car myths.