Insight commercials?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have seen Honda Insights in Honda commercials before, but have never seen an ad solely for the Insight. I would think a little advertising would go a long way to helping Insight production #'s. Or does Honda even want the Insight to sell more? Considering they take a loss on each one, it doesn't surprise me that they don't want to sell to many, so why advertise? I dunno, I just think it would be cool to see an Insight commercial sometime. You know how much attention it would grab if in a magazine or on a TV ad, they read "...capable of 90+ MPG..." Holy crap people would be jumping out of their seats.

Old 09-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't think Honda can claim that 90+ mpg, although we know it is true.

They can't claim more than EPA without putting themselves at risk of "false advertising."

All it takes is one fool suing them for that claim and they might have to spend untold dollars fighting a frivolous suit.....

Old 09-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Çhý££ íñ thé Ãír and Lars-ss:

___Maybe Honda can just point to Greenhybrid for those that don’t know what our little beauties are capable of

09/23/2004 - afternoon drive home …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 09-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Site Founder

Haha. Lets hope.

In reality, I don't think Honda is really going to advertise a car that appeals to so few people. I mean, lets face it. The niche for the Insight is so small, one can hardly identify it. Much less benefit from advertising to it.

Honda will likely up the advertising once the Accord and other mainstream cars come out.

Old 09-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jason@Sep 27th 2004 @ 7:59 PM
Haha. Lets hope.

In reality, I don't think Honda is really going to advertise a car that appeals to so few people. I mean, lets face it. The niche for the Insight is so small, one can hardly identify it. Much less benefit from advertising to it.

Honda will likely up the advertising once the Accord and other mainstream cars come out.
I always thought that it was such a small niche because they didn't advertise it enough. Not many people know it even exists, but I know a lot of people that interested in purchasing a hybrid vehicle, and they only know of the Prius and Honda Civic hybrid.

And about that false advertising thing, could get get in trouble for saying "capable of up to..."? Its not like it would read "averages 90 LMPG" Or "ussually gets..."

Old 09-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Site Founder

An automaker would be wise not to ever publish such figures if they aren't attainable by half of their target. 90 MPG isn't even achievable by 10% of of their target, so having 90%+ unhappy customers? Hmm... I think not.

I don't think Joe Smith cares if the legal mumbo jumbo holds up in court. If he's led to believe something, he wants results.

Old 10-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Enthusiast

I remember some Insight commercials, back in 1998, showing a little green car, making a big deal out of "the world's first production gasoline-electric hybrid vehicle" and tying it to the environment, not gasoline consumption.

It may have been due to living in Arizona, which has a smog problem and was participating in the GM's EV1 program. :huh:

Old 10-19-2004, 05:42 AM
CLA
Enthusiast

Wasn't there an Insight commercial, several years ago? Somebody help my middle aged memory, but I think it went like this.
A classic 1960's VW Microbus pulls up to a stop sign. It is covered in peace slogans. An Insight pulls up beside it.

Old 10-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Contributor ($)

CLA,
You're right, there was an ad like that a while back. I even downloaded the video of it, but I have long since sent it to the "recycle" bin.
I'm sure with some finesse, you may be able to search one on the internet again.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Insight commercials?

I still have a copy of that ad if anyone is interested I could put it up on my website.

Quick Reply: Insight commercials?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands