Insights

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Hybrid True Believer
Default Re: Motor Trend Names Honda Civic Car of the Year

I can believe it! My 2003 HCH has 90,000 miles and is still running like a Swiss watch!

I don't feel so bad about the dealer being out of Insights the day I bought my HCH.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by philmcneal
lol about insights... www.hondasucks.ca < i thought it was pretty funny! at least i'll never get a insight ;P

plus i think the safety for everyone on the civic was a BOLD move by honda bravo.
I have 90,000 miles on my 2000 5-speed Insight with only a minor repair of the O2 sensor and a free replacement of the seat belt harness this year. No other problems. My 1988 CRX HF was on it's third CV boot by this time....

My lifetime mpg over 90,000 miles is 57.1 - the guy on the site listed has 42.3 - very low. I'd have to read the entire site but going up a Tennesee mountain at 85mph or more is abusive driving. The first three years I put a fair amount of agressive driving yet have much better fuel economy. It's possible he has a bona fide lemon, but it's rare to hear Insight's with mpg under 43.

The guy that put the Insight-bashing site must live in bad alternate universe....

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 11-22-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Banned
Exclamation Consider The Source

I think most of us are savvy enough to avoid beleiving every link you see. The 20-something Insight driver that put up hondasucks.ca is well-known at the IC forum with many members wondering if the very hard driving has a lot to do with his car problems. If you want to look, go here.

42.3 mpg lifetime, while not absoulte proof, strongly suggests he did not respect his Insight. Even CVT Insight can get 50mpg without much effort.

I have mentioned having O2 sensor problems at 30,000 miles. This was the period I'd cruise 70mph with the pack and daily "show" someone flying by at 85 they couldn't.

Can't prove it, but I suspect an extended period of very aggressive driving will harm O2 sensors and catalytic converters.

I have no proof - just suspicions....

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 11-22-2005 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Hybrid True Believer

Originally Posted by philmcneal
lol about insights... www.hondasucks.ca < i thought it was pretty funny! at least i'll never get a insight ;P

plus i think the safety for everyone on the civic was a BOLD move by honda bravo.
Man! I'd really hate to be THAT guy! He got hosed on the price, too, since the dealership that I *almost* bought an Insight from was selling it for $19,900. I ended up with the HCH for the same price.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Kudos to Honda ! The hybrid is an incremental upgrade -- nice but not anything to shout about. The non-hybrid civics are hot.

I'm looking forward to checking out the '06 lineup, even though I am not buying.

Because of the car's technical and design merits, I was certain the '06 civic lineup would be a smashing commercial success, until I saw the prices. I was expecting 13 - 14K, so 18K was a shocker, and had me thinking a regular Corolla is a better value. We'll see.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Banned

AshenGrey,

Read my last two posts, including the link to the IC thread. Just think: does xcel, myself, rigger, Insight owners here or at insightcentral.net have horror stories like Mr. hondasucks.ca? If someone flamed you, would you like people to without question agree with the slander?

I've had 90,000 miles and five outstanding years on my Insight - best of four Honda's owned. I've read enough of getshocked.ca (as he is known at IC) to conclude he drives with a very heavy foot. He's pointing the finger at everybody but himself.

BTW, his website asserts that all Honda hybrids are trash, just like the Insight - do you share that experience?

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 11-22-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hello

Let me start by saying I take care of my Honda Insight probably better then anyone, And my issue isnt with_the_Honda_Insight it is with Honda Canada and Honda Dealers who do not know how to support my vehicle. I was going over 80mph to keep with traffic, Is the Insight not a NORMAL vehicle, intended for todays roads?

My first trip after having my car properly fixed was 55mpg With my Winter Nokians and winter weather.

I Suggest Delta that You read the site to see where my issue is, It is obviuos to me you havent since you make a comment like "He thinks all honda hybrids are trash" WHICH I DONT, I think Honda should have NEVER Released the hybrid without adequate support from ALL Levels of honda, Espeically the dealers that sell them.

Oh, and btw all my prices are CND that is why it seems soo hight to you guys

Last edited by Hondasucks; 11-23-2005 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Here you go delta flyer, the opening line to my manifestation on my website

"Let me start by saying I believe Honda makes some of the most reliable, well built cars in the world. If I didn't believe this, I would never have purchased such an advanced car like my Honda Insight. There are Honda Insight owners who have achieved great mileage and experienced thousands of miles incident free, and then there are others who have had similar, if not worse experiences then mine. I do attribute many of my problems to incompetent Honda dealerships, but ultimately I attribute the majority of my problems and frustrations to Honda Canada. My Honda hybrid should never have been released to the public without adequate support by Honda on all levels."

I am glad you have had 4 years problem free, but just because you have had success doesnt mean everyone else should, nor does it mean because I have had problems others will either

Why 42.3mpg??

Well, first off We have now deermined my 02 failure to be a cause, and the most liley reason for my cats to fail, which probably leads as far back as 70,000 km, The car was NOT able to self diagnosis the sensor, NEITHER was honda canada, This is PROVEN FACT.

Second, My auto stop has not worked for almost a year, which i now know is because of a broken neutral switch from my dealer, another reason for poor milage

I have been hesitant to label the insight as a lemon, but I am labeling my dealer as well as honda canada a lemon for not being able to support my vehicle. Could their be a problem with my warning system on the insight? Probably, has it been diagnosed? No

Have my milage increased since the repairs? yes

The only slanderous statements delta flyer this far are from you slandering me with false accusations, becareful what you say and only speak on fact because your generalizations are incorrect

Old 11-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Banned
Default Just Take in Multiple Sources Before Judging

All I ask is don't just act on one internet source.

Yes, I may have been inaccurate about some posts here in the last day. That includes judgements about the driver of the Insight with 42.3mpg with well over 100,000 miles. My five years/90,000 miles of Insight experience and dozen of Insight drivers I've met online seldom see fuel economy this low. Either there is an obvious engine problem and/or there has been very aggressive driving (yes, I was speculating picking between the two). The other Insight experiences I've heard had been substantially better.

I may have been guilty of getting personal about one's driving, but when it seems like someone is making an Insight seem like a Yugo, I had to speak.

Yes, even Honda has made "lemons".

Again, I ask members to go on multiple experiences - not just one before passing judgment on a car.

That's all I have to say.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 11-23-2005 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Delta I totaly agree that people must look at all options when making their decision on a car. Do i believe people shouldnt by a insight? no, But you better hope you have a dealer competent to work on one

If you read my site Delta, you would know that there was infact a serious problem with my 02 sensors which went un-diagnosed as well as other problems which have been thouroughly documented by other owners

You see delta, your reality of the insight is based on many different factors that have nothing to do with driving style.

Quick Reply: Insights

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands