K&N Air Filter

Old 02-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default K&N Air Filter

Anyone try this yet, and if so, what results have you had in regard to mpg and performance?

Thanks,

Ricco

Old 02-05-2006, 07:54 PM
G.H. Contributor
Angry Re: K&N Air Filter

Originally Posted by Richard S
Anyone try this yet, and if so, what results have you had in regard to mpg and performance?

Thanks,

Ricco
Hi Richard;

After doing alot of Leg-Work for you on this Subject. I have found out the answer for you.

There is NO-K&N Filter for your Insight if it is a 2003,2004,2005 2006.

See: Below; I could have went Further Back but K&N did not produce Air Filters for the Insight because it is such a (Very-Low-Volume) Vehicle.

Sorry;

Terry

The Information Below is Straight from K&N:

Find all K&N products for a specific year, make, model, and engine size or by part number.

Old 02-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: K&N Air Filter

THanks, Terry.

I bought one at a local Checker Auto Store:

K&N Replacement Air Filter: Honda Insight 1.0l I3 Gas Electric Hybrid; 2000 Replacement Air Filter: Honda Insight 1.0l I3 Gas Electric Hybrid; 2000

Part No.

I paid for it, they said it will be in the Store in 10 days, and it will fit my 2002 CVT model. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it arrives, or if I get my money back. I was just curious if anyone else has tried it, and if it squeezes more mileage out. I'll guess we'll have to wait on that one.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Richard

I put in in our 05 Accord. It didnt help mpg any at all. It did get a little more responceive up near redline where mpg dosent matter.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

I was just curious if anyone else has tried it, and if it squeezes more mileage out. I'll guess we'll have to wait on that one.
Richard,
I haven't tried one personally but after reading these articles, I decided not to buy one. Like the Insight, the Geo metro is also a 3 cyl, 1.0 liter engine.

http://www.metrompg.com/posts/air-filter-part-1.htm
http://www.metrompg.com/posts/air-filter-part-2.htm

Good luck,
Dan

Old 02-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Enthusiast

One of my Insights was a 2002. I purchased a K&N air filter in Sept of 2002 (it claimed to be for the Insight, and it pit perfectly) and drove it for 34,000 miles. I did NOT record any better MPG (still 85.2 as before) but it did have slighty better acceleration when flooring the gas pedal, which I only did for a test....

Old 02-07-2006, 04:24 PM
G.H. Contributor
Unhappy Re: K&N Air Filter

THanks, Terry.

I bought one at a local Checker Auto Store:

K&N Replacement Air Filter: Honda Insight 1.0l I3 Gas Electric Hybrid; 2000 Replacement Air Filter: Honda Insight 1.0l I3 Gas Electric Hybrid; 2000

Part No.

I paid for it, they said it will be in the Store in 10 days, and it will fit my 2002 CVT model. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it arrives, or if I get my money back. I was just curious if anyone else has tried it, and if it squeezes more mileage out. I'll guess we'll have to wait on that one.

Hi Richard;
I really Messed this up Richard: It ask one more Question and I Failed to see it. {What Size Motor}. It said there is No-Air Filter because I did not Fill out the Complete Form:

Here's, the correct answer:

My Apology;

Terry

Here is the Link I used at K&N:
http://www.knfilters.com/filtercharger.htm

AND THEN HERE:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx

Answer Should Have Been This:

Vehicle DescriptionTypeProductPart NumberProduct Image2002 HONDA Insight 1.0L L3 F/I - AllAutomotiveAir Filter33-2180
2002 HONDA Insight 1.0L L3 F/I - AllAutomotiveOil FilterHP-1008

Old 02-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Enthusiast
Cool Re: K&N Air Filter

No worries, Terry!

I appreciate that you went to the trouble that you did. So far, the feedback is that it won't improve mileage. On the plus side; it may boost acceleration and has a lifetime guaranty. I went to bigger tires as the stock ones provided too harsh a ride for me, which knowingly took 10% off the mpg. If I can get back 5 mpg, I'd be happy! Once I install it (it's been ordered), I'll share the measurable results, if any.

Thanks again,

Ricco

Old 02-08-2006, 08:33 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Since no one has mentioned it, it's a "Lifetime" filter. That means less waste, you're not switching out your paper element every XX,XXX miles. Instead you're reoiling the K&N.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:22 AM
Enthusiast

hi there.,Be very careful when using a K&N or similar, especially when re-oiling it.
Like what happen to my nissan air filter(k&n also), if you over oil it, it will wreak havoc on the MAF sensor as well as gunking up the throttle body.