more info on new Insight

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default more info on new Insight

This link is to the Euro spec Insight, the more I see the less I am impressed. gone are the cool touch pannels on the dash, the upolstery seems much lower grade than the prototype, the cool lighting is gone and is that a moving needle I see on the assist/charge gauge...mileage is not that impressive either kinda sad to see Honda botch this one .
http://jalopnik.com/5126223/official...n-toyota-prius

Old 01-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: more info on new Insight

I agree Bob. Think I will stick with the HCH2! H

Old 01-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

[Although some of the things are less impressive, I still like the 4.2l/100km (thats 55 MPG.) Any car that gets 20% better gas mileage than the Civic and the Prius is pretty good in my book (based on 45 MPG rated for both).]
strike that (sorry, I couldnt figure out the strike code for the HTML on this)

Just realized in the other article the compared tests, so i guess we have to wait to find out

Last edited by eikiel; 01-13-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: I am wrong
Old 01-14-2009, 07:52 PM

bad link spinner

Old 01-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The link worked for me. H

Old 01-15-2009, 07:33 AM

The link is still not working, I did find the article, and for Edmunds it is very well written, I am disappointed by the car, the US version looks a bit nicer than the euro but I am still less than impressed by the dash (too busy & moving needles for charge/regen & gas). I am also not to impressed with the mpg or the 10hp electric motor but, I will drive one when they come out just to see for myself. I have reposted the link, don't know I will have better luck but lets see I am using IE7, maybe that is the reason/solution/problem :-).
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...leId=139246#14

Old 01-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well, just looked at site for new Honda Prius, oops I mean Insight. Why would Honda copy a dated design that is on its way out? Guess I will just stick to my older Civic hybrid. It gets just as good a mileage and with my extended warranty, dont gain anything on that area. And I can see out of my rear window unlike the Prius. I have driven many Prius and Honda hybrids and dont like the Prius. I like a car to look like a regular car, not a toy like the Prius and new Insight. Sure I will be driving them in my job so will have to report back on them later.

http://automobiles.honda.com/insight-hybrid/

Last edited by DTDRIVER; 01-15-2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

After looking at the photos on link, I have a couple of questions:
1. Where is the gas tank located? I cenrtainly hope they did not go with the stupid bladder tank like a Prius! Would not have one with that bad idea! Picture with the rear floorboard cover off reveals a battery pack and some space...and that leads to the next question...........
2. Is there a spare tire? If so where?

The writer said they designed the hard to see out of rear window for aerodynamics and fuel economy. Then I ask, why is the epa mileage not as good as the HC1 and HC2 hybrids?

Oh well, maybe it will rub off on me after I see it.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:26 PM

Wow here is another review from MSN autos, I suspect these will be cropping up fast and fiurious for the next few months....anyway, I hope this link works for you all. http://editorial.autos.msn.com/landi...mail&GT1=22006