Thoughts on the Honda Insight :o)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Thoughts on the Honda Insight :o)

Hey!
I haven't yet purchased a Honda Insight, but I'm really looking forward to in the near future! I was wondering if anyone would have some advice for me.

Where would be the best place to look for a Honda Insight?

Does anyone have any thoughts about what the best year is?

Would it be better to buy used or new? and if I buy used what's an ok amount of previous miles for an Inisght?

Is there any way to make the car even more fuel efficent?

Thanks to everyone that took the time to read this post. I hope the high fuel costs aren't getting you down! Thanks much :o)

CP

Old 06-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Wink Re: Thoughts on the Honda Insight :o)

Where would be the best place to look for a Honda Insight?
Check craigslist, your local classifieds, cars.com, autotrader.com, etc. The Insight is no longer in production, so your only option is to buy used.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what the best year is?
Newer is better in terms of battery life. Also, the Insight with CVT transmission will have better battery life because it manages the battery pack better than the manual transmission.

Would it be better to buy used or new? and if I buy used what's an ok amount of previous miles for an Inisght?
Your only option is to buy used.

Is there any way to make the car even more fuel efficent?

The Insight is already designed for maximum efficiency. You need to learn how to properly drive it to maximize mileage. Read this article for more info. It's geared towards Civic Hybrid drivers, but the information will apply to the Insight as well.
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306

Good luck in your car search!

Old 06-03-2008, 11:06 AM
my other car is a FJORD
Default Re: Thoughts on the Honda Insight :o)

note that the insight with a manual transmission will get you better fuel economy than the CVT.

also, the demand for them is so high you might have trouble locating one. they are one hot item right now.

good luck in your search

Old 06-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Thoughts on the Honda Insight :o)

Originally Posted by laurie
note that the insight with a manual transmission will get you better fuel economy than the CVT.

also, the demand for them is so high you might have trouble locating one. they are one hot item right now.

good luck in your search
Good Luck in your search. Try vast.com; carmax.com

What a vehicle, so worth the search. This vehicle was primarily created to compete with the EV1 (GM's electric car- they killed in 2003). The vehicle was developed way before its time. I have a 2002 with only 40K miles on it. I would try to find one with lower mileage and not be too concerned over the year. If I think of other sites, I will be back in touch.