Took my Insight to a show today

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 03:54 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Took my Insight to a show today

I took my Insight to a show today to do a little Hybrid promoting. If I had a nickel for each time I was asked "where do you plug it in?" I wouldn't need to go to work next week. I even made a bio board that stated it didn't need to be plugged in, I think I had too much info on the board. Also had a very slight typo where I deleted a word while using my graphics program.

The main drawback was being parked next to the 10 year old minds in 20 year old bodies. Once they got yelled at by some old guy about 1/4 of a miles away to turn down the stereos things got a bit better.

Answered plenty of questions BUT I really wish there were some more mainstream Hybrids to have been there with me. I think my car is a bit too offbeat for most people and it creates the illusion that all Hybrids look weird. In 2 weeks there is a show around here and I talked to the event organizers and they even agreed to make a Hybrid Car catagory if enough showed up. I have 2 so all I need is 2 or 3 more to get our own catagory, check the events section under Car Show Oct 29 title.

Oh, forgot to add. Out of 12 cars in my catagory I got 3rd place.

Now for the question what would you of added if you were making bio board for YOUR car? Hopefully this can help someone out for whatever vehicle they are interested in.

My bio, what would you change? What would your bio be like?:

Old 10-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Vegetarian
Default Re: Took my Insight to a show today

cool, that sounds like fun. i didn't know they only made that green the first year, you taught me something!

Old 10-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Banned

Only edit I can think of is the Insight was actually introduced in late 1999 - September I think.

Old 10-15-2005, 07:40 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Only edit I can think of is the Insight was actually introduced in late 1999 - September I think.
You're right, good catch, I actually thought about that when I was writing it but figured I'd go with the model year. How many times have you heard people talk about a '99 Insight? I've heard that one too many times.

I should of written it to say the 2000 model was introduced in Sep '99 (I think that was when I test drove my first one, the wife and I were just talking about that yesterday).

Old 10-15-2005, 08:10 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Quick question:

I know this was a post with the focus being on an Insight post BUT I was asking questions from ALL hybrid owners. Now obviously I should of posted it as taking my "hybrid" to a show for the subject line in hindsight.

I do notice that there are two Prius posts on the general discussion front page that have not been moved and a HCH post that is about an emblem that ANY hybrid owner could do with their car has been moved. Why the focus on moving Honda stuff out when it is questionable as to whether it belongs in a general discussion section and leave the Toyota stuff there? Not a brand war sort of person and sorry to be a troll and I don't want it to come out that way so now I'm zipped. This site is too good to run it downhill like some of the "other" sites.

Old 10-15-2005, 08:18 PM

Mostly because most of the mods drive honda And don't read the prius forum as often

Old 10-15-2005, 08:27 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Sounds fine to me, I'm easy to please.