whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

The back sure looks a lot like the original, but that's where the similarity ends.

I'm going to test drive one soon.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Sales Guru/CarDeal Mentor

Just wanted to post an email I recieved this morning from the guy who purchased the Clear Sky Blue Insight from us:

Chris...

57 MPG so far. Now this is since we picked it up. No real city driving
other than a couple miles a day each way to work and home...50 or so miles per day....10 in the city...

I will keep you posted.

I am SUPER HAPPY with it. I thought the gas gauge was broke at first.
It just kept staying on Full.

John

Old 04-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Enthusiast

I am only getting 43.4 but a mix of city and highway

Old 04-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Enthusiast

My dealer (Upstate New York) can't locate the particular model I want - EX with Navi in the darker blue - so he's ordering one from the factory or where ever. Says it will take 4 to 8 weeks before delivery.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by cuso
I am only getting 43.4 but a mix of city and highway

Are you following the ECON mode or just driving it normal? I know he is probably following the ECON mode pretty closely....

Old 04-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Enthusiast

I have the Econ mode on but I didn't drive it all week because I was away for work. I'll take a good look at the Econ mode tonight. Thanks!

Old 04-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I notice the Insight2 is not as clean as the HCH2!
Insight2-Tier-2 Bin-3
HCH2 Tier-2 Bin-2
Wonder why this is the case? Hal

Old 04-04-2009, 03:27 PM

Wanted to post this....awesome article from Jeff at vtec.net....in my opinion the "center of the Universe" website for all things Acura and Honda

TOV 2010 Insight First - Drive Report:
http://vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=808565

Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Enthusiast

I got mine, 2010 Honda Hybrid last week. Not sure, Not sure, It may be too complicated for the average Joe. Manual is 435 pages. It took me 8 hours to read and memorize, but that didn't work. It has about 65 fuses and 35 categories to reprogram, if desired. One irritation is that when you brake for a red light and keep pressure on the brake ,the engine shuts down. When you let off the brake the engine starts and there is a delay in getting off the line. A rough chug is noticed. Wife not happy. Also, I noticed more tailgaters than ever before.
In one Japanese auto magazine it was stated that the electronics may be too complex even for the most talented mechanic and the service departments will be advised to only swap out major components of the IMA system. Presently, my IMA system is defective, and no parts.
Don't let the above scare your potential purchase . My son who is a computer designer said, " keep your mitts off in trying to reprogram it"

Old 04-07-2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Franko
I got mine, 2010 Honda Hybrid last week. Not sure, Not sure, It may be too complicated for the average Joe. Manual is 435 pages. It took me 8 hours to read and memorize, but that didn't work. It has about 65 fuses and 35 categories to reprogram, if desired. One irritation is that when you brake for a red light and keep pressure on the brake ,the engine shuts down. When you let off the brake the engine starts and there is a delay in getting off the line. A rough chug is noticed. Wife not happy. Also, I noticed more tailgaters than ever before.
In one Japanese auto magazine it was stated that the electronics may be too complex even for the most talented mechanic and the service departments will be advised to only swap out major components of the IMA system. Presently, my IMA system is defective, and no parts.
Don't let the above scare your potential purchase . My son who is a computer designer said, " keep your mitts off in trying to reprogram it"

On the Auto-Stop...you will find yourself getting used to anticipating the Light changing....and once you take your foot off the brake and let the engine start up, you can reapply brake pressure and the engine will stay on if that is what you prefer.....

Tailgaters are from the Insight being new...lol

The electronics are the same that all service techs have been used to working with for the past few years on the Insight 1 and Civic / Accord Hybrids....so unless that is an old article, there should be no current articles on it that would state such....especially considering the Prius Electronics are 10 Times more complex than anything Honda has....and our techs have told me that most all parts are the same in one way or another.

And why would you want to re-program anything anyway?

You say your IMA system is defective already? In what way? If so, yours is the first I have heard of such, and would love to know what issues you are having.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: whos getting the insight 2 tomorrow?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands