Would you buy it again?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:18 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: Would you buy it again?

This would of been a great "YES"/"NO" poll for the Insight. I'm curious as to what the #'s would be.

I've only had my Insight for about 9 months and only put about 14,000 trouble free miles on it so far. As of right now, YES, I would buy another.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:51 AM
Java Geek

Thanks everyone! I decided on "yes" and my new insight is due from the factory on the 17th(!!)

I was really lucky to find a dealer with an order coming for just the one I wanted (blue, manual w/ ac).

Old 03-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Enthusiast

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I purchased my 2002 Insight CVT (used with 39,000 miles) last Labor Day Weekend, right when Hurricane Katrina hit and gas jumped to $3.00/gal. I've since put 10,000 miles more on it, saving an average of $858 in fuel costs. When I got it, avg. mpg was 52. I invested my fuel savings into changing the tires (for a softer ride) and dynamatted it to cut down on the road noise. Now, my mpg is 48-49, and its quieter, rides smoother, and mileage sacrifice is very acceptable. With all due respect to our Canadian ("HONDASUCKS") Member, I'm sorry for his woes, but my experience and the other responses here promote this car as a WINNER! Over the next three years that I expect to won it, I look forward to continuing fuel savings!

Richard S.

Last edited by Richard S; 03-16-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Enthusiast

Yes Yes Yes!!!

I bought a 2001 used loved it - tried to buy a 2005 new and had to settle for a nearly new 2004.

Have been trying to justify a 2006 but can't do it as there isn't a tax incentive.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Would you buy it again?

Yes, in fact I just bought another new MT, after my 2000 MT had a wiring harness get damaged by a leak that rarely wet the L seat belt, but which filled a cavity under the belt. The insurer totalled it and deemed it irreparable, so that DMV would not renew registration, even if I wanted to pay the repair.
So I found one of the few MT's left and got it, as they are probably on their last year. Obviously, I love my Insight! My plates "74 MPG" still look good on it.
The Insight has not only saved thousand of gallons of gas, but our lives by dodging a likely head on crash.
Tom Driscoll
San Rafael, CA
2000/2006 Silver MT

Old 04-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I bought my Insight as a gas-saving second car for 3X weekly commutes to LA (225 mile roundtrip). No longer doing those.

If your primary objective is to save gas, buy an Insight. I can routinely get 65 to 80 MPG on my 5-speed. However, if you want a great driving experience (my opinion), look at the '06 Civic hybrid instead.

I do not like the seat (dis)comfort of the Insight, the terrible rear blind spots, or the multitude of rattles and creaks from the interior and suspension. I don't like stuffing groceries under the cargo net at Costco, either.

Whatever you get, happy high-mileaging!

Old 04-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have a 2006 CVT Insight. I was concerned at first that I would not like it BUT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
I did read that the manuat Insights will no longer be considered or qualified for the tax deductions because of poorer emissions, even though they get better gas mileage.

The hardest part about buying an Insight is that you cannot test drive it or ask all your friends who have one to tell you all about it. I have seen 3 in the past 8 months

Old 04-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Hybrid True Believer

I *tried* to buy an Insight about 4 years ago -- there were none to buy in the Baltimore area. But if I had another shot, I would buy one.

Of course, if Honda makes the Fit in a hybrid, I'd give that a try.

Old 04-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Contributor ($)

Yes, I would definitely buy an Insight again. I bought my used 2002 in 2003 with 29,000 miles on it. I paid trade in price. Since then I have put another 45,000 miles on it and getting an about 67 mpg. (Less in winter more in summer.)
It has enough room for my needs for commuting and as a second car. We have a family of five so our other vehcile is a minivan.
I carpool with a coworker most days and she pays me for the ride.
Is it a luxury car? No, but it fits my needs.

Old 04-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Banned
Thumbs up Would Do it Again

I'd do it again, esp. being wiser on how to drive and car for my 5-speed Insight. I'd pick red instead of silver, but that's about it.

BTW, I've got 96,000 miles on mine - anyone have more on their Insight? Think someone has already made it to 250,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Would you buy it again?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands