Yay!! 1 year of Insight Ownership

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default Yay!! 1 year of Insight Ownership

Hello all, today is my 1 year anniversary of Insight Ownership. I bought my 2006 Insight brand new from the Honda dealership in Pinehurst-Aberdeen NC and I must say, it has been a remarkable year. We have never averaged less that 57 mpg together and this morning, we actually achieved 80 mpg!!!! Not bad for a CVT.

We bought a new 2007 Prius in April and combined with the Insight, I truly believe that we have a great team of vehicles. I still love the Insight the best, but I can give credit to the Prius as it is the nicest car my husband and I have ever purchased. He does give me a run for the money sometimes as we like to compete against each other on who is getting the best mileage. Wait till I tell him about my 80 this morning!!!

To many more years of enjoyable driving in the coolest car ever built!!!

Old 04-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Yay!! 1 year of Insight Ownership

I have had mine for a little bit over a year. 2006 CVT as well. Hot off the slow boat from Japan
I truly love my car, much more than i ever imagined. I am also surprised at how much i can fit in the back of the lil thing.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:44 AM
Banned

Thank you for the good report!

I have a 5-speed, but the advantage the CVT has in the lower emissions on par with the Prius and a much reduced risk of having battery pack problems.

The one upgrade on either Insight (and many other cars) I'd do is making the seats more comfortable. Really, I have little to complain about in my 119,000 miles of driving it.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

yep, plenty of room back there. i brought home a Bose 601 speaker to repair for my boss the other day. i couldnt even see it in the rear-view mirror!

i will have had mine for 2 years next month. love it!

Old 07-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Enthusiast

having a very fuel efficient surely is lovely.. still planning to own one. lol.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, definitely no regrets about purchasing the little car. We've had our Prius now since March and between the Insight and the Prius, our gas bills are much lower. I laugh when I hear my husbands co-workers refer to his "little car" in regards to the Prius. To me, the Prius feels large. I suppose that's because I drive the Insight. The hubbie and I are always "discussing" which car is superior. I don't think it's too difficult to figure out my feelings on this matter