03 Battery Readings

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default 03 Battery Readings

Here's one battery, with a really high charge, and really high mileage.

Here's another batter, low charge, and really high mileage. (Notice it's also in recharge mode)

Is this proof that the nicer (slow acc, less P&G) we are to our battery's the longer use we'll get out of it?

Old 05-22-2006, 05:32 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.
Default Re: 03 Battery Readings

I don't think that you can tell from these snapshots.

Does the battery on the bottom picture charge fully during normal driving? Does the battery in the first picture discharge more rapidly than normal?

You need to see how the batteries perform over time, not just in one snapshot.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yeah I really don't see how this is relevant at all. The battery level is the amount of charge in the battery at any moment, which could be anywhere depending on how the car has just been driven and recent terrain. I can only imagine the carge meter ever being useful in determining the "wear" on the batteries if it starts to show that they never reach a full charge, or something like that.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:29 AM

Has your battery ever been drained completely like that? I don't think I could do that with my battery if I tried.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Jeff - I'm really curious about those two cars (is one yours?). At ~115K and ~136K, are the packs original? Any replacements needed?

Old 05-22-2006, 08:12 AM

I stole both pictures from ebay. They are currently both for sale (03 HCH's), both under 10k. But the battery replacement would be 3k, at this point. I could try emailing the sellers, although I don't how truthful they would be with me.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If the cars are under $10K and otherwise in good condition I would definetly consider them. I wonder what the owner was gettng for MPG, and in what terrain was the car driven in?

If he says flat terrain and getting 35MPG I'd steer clear cuz the cars been beaten to death. If it's mountain side driving and simply killed his battery is another matter.

If he says normal driving and 45-50MPG and has verifyable regular maintenance then I'd ****** it up.
Curious- have anybody done a search for used battery packs from cracked up cars? HCH has been out for 3 years now and some should be coming available.

If you fork out the $3k for a new pack you've spend under $13K for the whole thing, and if it was maintained should still have a very long service life.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:19 PM

I found this a while back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I get what you're saying Hot_Georgia_2004, but you don't know if these guys will tell you the truth about the car. They're just trying to sell it, so they will say anything to get you to buy it.

Here's the one with the 115k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 05-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Although depending on whether they're CA cars or not, they should have anywhere from 5-7 years left on the battery warranty. So regardless of the beating they did or did not take, you shouldn't be out $3K if they're failing. Unless there's a milage stipulation on the warranty, but I thought it was 8 years...

Old 05-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbearballs
Curious they list it as a 5M which I assume is 5-sp Manual but clearly is a CVT. Also looked at the tires - they look new, but they have Dunlop SP20 (OEM) tires on the front, but Goodyear Integrity on the rear. Curious. Someone sure kept this car CLEAN. They also must have driven all over - 115k in 3 years? That's a lot of driving...If it drove well, this would be a good find for someone.

Quick Reply: 03 Battery Readings

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands