05 Civic Hybrid Rear Speakers Replace

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 08:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default 05 Civic Hybrid Rear Speakers Replace

Hi, I want to replace my rear speakers in my 05 civic hybrid but because the back seat doesn't go down so I don't know how to get to them.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 05 Civic Hybrid Rear Speakers Replace

Originally Posted by ayomon
Hi, I want to replace my rear speakers in my 05 civic hybrid but because the back seat doesn't go down so I don't know how to get to them.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...r-removal-764/

Old 05-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 05 Civic Hybrid Rear Speakers Replace

I changed my back speakers on my 05 hybrid.

I used this video to help me through it.

4 bolts to remove (two on the outer edges between seat back and seat bottom, and then two more in the middle in between seat back and seat bottom. Take the driver side shoulder strap of the seat belt assembly and disengage it from the holder so it give you room to extend that strap when removing the seat back. At this point is the trick where you have to give it ample force to "unhook" the seat back. Those hooks secure it very well, so don't be shy to engage in some giving it a lot of force. Once it becomes unhooked, you can remove the seat back entirely.

Next is the rear dash removal. You need to gently "pop out" the side panels leading from the headliner to the rear dash. Just do a little at a time, you should not have to force it too much. Be careful with the rear defrost connection. You can easily break the connection. The rear panel itself is just a bunch of these white plastic rivets that you either pull with force from the back of the car or get underneath in the trunk and catch the underside of these plastic rivets and squeeze them and push them up and through the hole. There are probably at least a dozen of them and maybe more. So a little work to do. I just did it from inside the rear of the car, but a few of the rivets disengaged and I had to end up going in the trunk to pop them through so I could reattach them to the rear dash panel when I had to put everything back together. So maybe going in the trunk is the preferred method.

Here is a video talking about it, not the best as he actually doesn't show you in action, but you get the jist of it.

At this point, you have access to the screws holding the speakers in place (It's either 3 or 4 per speaker. The phillips head screws also have hex heads on them, so I used a socket wrench and proper sized socket. It's going to be very difficult to use a screw driver due to the very tight space with the back glass.

Good luck.

Last edited by Scott Timothy; 05-10-2016 at 04:52 PM.