05 Honda Civic 5 speed hybrid Lost acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 05:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default 05 Honda Civic 5 speed hybrid Lost acceleration

Lost accelerationI am hoping somebody can help me I just bought this car a few days ago I noticed when I’m on the freeway and I step on the gas especially going up hills I have to step on the gas pedal all the way and it’s very sluggish and still only about 65 miles an hour uphill are usually have to downshift end of fourth and third to keep any kind RPMs up seems to be OK on flat ground 65 to 80 miles an hour plus
Even when I’m on the freeway on flat areas I can maintain speed it just screams going uphill I step on the gas all the way up nothings going on the car has 245,000 miles the batteries are perfect it idles fine the previous owner lived on a dirt road had a key in your filte even when I’m on the freeway on flat areas I can maintain that speed just seems going uphill I step on the gas all the way up nothings going on the car has 245,000 miles the batteries are perfect it idles fine the previous owner lived on a dirt road had a k&n Air filter that was pretty dirty so I wanna head and cleaned it that did not help I have not tried clearing the airflow meter yet or spark plugs any help would be great I totally appreciate it thank you so much Also there is no AC on the car compressor went bad so they bypassed it with a smaller belt problem also doesn’t matter if it’s morning day cold or hot anytime it’s going uphill and just won’t accelerate

Old 05-19-2019, 08:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 05 Honda Civic 5 speed hybrid Lost acceleration

Have you ever driven a manual before? Sounds completely normal. It's a 1.3L engine. You absolutely, positively need to downshift when accelerating aggressively or up any significant hills. Period.