06 HCH Trip computer/FE issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 06 HCH Trip computer/FE issue

I thought this was kind of interesting, I was searching for Honda service bulletins and found this one on alldata.com

SN050515 MAY 05 Instrument Cluster - Rewriting ODO Data

It's only for the 2006 Honda Ridgeline and for the 2005 Accord (both hybrid and non-hybrid), but it sounds similar to the HCH-II problem? Maybe it's a shared component that has a history of problems? Unfortunately, the alldata site doesn't provide details for Honda

Unfortunately, information for Honda, Acura and BMW is not available to consumers through ALLDATA DIY by request of the manufacturers.
However, you can use the site for free to monitor the list of service bulletins.

Last edited by NASAgineer; 01-06-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:02 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question Re: 06 HCH Trip computer/FE issue

Originally Posted by NASAgineer
I thought this was kind of interesting, I was searching for Honda service bulletins and found this one on alldata.com

SN050515 MAY 05 Instrument Cluster - Rewriting ODO Data

It's only for the 2006 Honda Ridgeline and for the 2005 Accord (both hybrid and non-hybrid), but it sounds similar to the HCH-II problem? Maybe it's a shared component that has a history of problems? Unfortunately, the alldata site doesn't provide details for Honda

However, you can use the site for free to monitor the list of service bulletins.
So, Nasa

I have a (Build-date) of Approx. Jan. 17, 2006 on a Nav.HCH ll, I wonder if Honda has Corrected this on the HCH ll's that are coming off the Line then?
Opinion?
Remarks?
Comments?

Terry

Old 01-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 06 HCH Trip computer/FE issue

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
So, Nasa

I have a (Build-date) of Approx. Jan. 17, 2006 on a Nav.HCH ll, I wonder if Honda has Corrected this on the HCH ll's that are coming off the Line then?
Opinion?
Remarks?
Comments?

Terry
Given that they sent out a new part for geophrey, I assume they know what the problem is so all future builds should be fixed, but that's just speculation on my part. If you have dealer connections, maybe you could ask them to keep an eye out for new service bulletins.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:38 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: 06 HCH Trip computer/FE issue

Originally Posted by NASAgineer
Given that they sent out a new part for geophrey, I assume they know what the problem is so all future builds should be fixed, but that's just speculation on my part. If you have dealer connections, maybe you could ask them to keep an eye out for new service bulletins.
Nasa;

Thanks, Opinions are okey, at least they are better than No-Opinions.

Terry

BTW; I am of the same opinion as youself, Honda has probably addressed it by now on the ones being built.