06 Honda Civic Hybrid Trip A Meter reset itself to 0.0 mpg????

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default 06 Honda Civic Hybrid Trip A Meter reset itself to 0.0 mpg????

Has anyone seen this?

Got an 06 Honda Civic Hybrid in Jan. Was using the Trip A meter to monitor the mpg since day 1, and the Trip B was being manually reset with each gas fill-up.

With my last fill-up, I reset my Trip B as usual. Later on, I switched to Trip A, just to see where I was in the lifetime of the car, and I noticed that it was suddenly reading 0.1 mpg. I left it alone rather than reset it, just to see if the problem would correct itself (also so I wouldnt lose the first 3-4 months of data). But I'm halfway through the current tank, and Trip A has been slowly increasing, but currently reading only 0.9 mpg. Usually Trip A reads around 44mpg, and barely changes whatsoever, since I am up to over 10,000 miles now. Trip B is acting normal, reading about 46 mpg midway through my current tank, which is pretty much what I normally get.

I guess it's time to just reset it and see what happens. But figured first I would see if anyone else has experienced this.

Any thoughts?

Old 04-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 06 Honda Civic Hybrid Trip A Meter reset itself to 0.0 mpg????

Originally Posted by jsal
Has anyone seen this?

Any thoughts?
I believe that if you hold down both buttons too long it will reset trip A and at the same time. I am not 100% sure so I'll check later.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Enthusiast

I may be wrong, but I just thought that if you were on Trip A and hold the button down, you reset Trip A - if you are on Trip B and hold down, you reset Trip B.

But REGARDLESS, understand that it was reading 0.1 and currently at 0.9. Even if it did reset, I dont think that I'm getting that bad of mileage Trip B is acting as normal, around 46

Old 04-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

But REGARDLESS, understand that it was reading 0.1 and currently at 0.9. Even if it did reset, I dont think that I'm getting that bad of mileage Trip B is acting as normal, around 46
I am sorry, I think I miss read. It sounds like you have a problem with the sensor. Did you have the 62 Mile bug? If so, did you have it fixed? Even if you didn't have the bug it may be related and you may want to have it swapped out for a now guage control.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Enthusiast

I checked for the 62 mile bug, but never found anything wrong.

I'm curious if anyone else has seen this one too. I guess I really need to to reset Trip A and see if it continues to malfunction this way, or if it goes back to normal operation.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

since I am up to over 10,000 miles now.

Any thoughts?
Maybe that's the issue. Does the trip odometer go over 9999 miles?

If the mileage rolled over to zero but the total gallons were not reset, then dividing miles by gallons would give you a very small number. The number will very gradually increase as you add miles. I think that's consistent with what you're seeing.

Last edited by ElanC; 04-25-2006 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Add another comment
Old 04-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Enthusiast

No, frankly that doesn't make sense to me.

Also, I've been over 10,000 for a month or so now and this only happened about 2 days ago. Prior to that Trip A and Trip B were OK. I'm sure it was working last weekend because I was looking at it.